Sign in to follow this  
NeV3rKilL

Spawn units inside a vehicle.

Hi, how can I spawn a unit inside a vehicle?

I did it adding the vehicle inside the units group, and setting the units parametres in "load".

But I would like that the vehicle and the unit have a different groups.

How can I spawn a unit inside a vehicle without adding this unit in the vehicle tripulation?

You might have better asked this in the Editing section, but anyway.

If I am not totally mistaken, on the right-hand side of the unit screen in the editor is a drop-down list with various options, e.g. "In Formation", the one for you would be "In Cargo" or something along that line.

You might have better asked this in the Editing section, but anyway.

If I am not totally mistaken, on the right-hand side of the unit screen in the editor is a drop-down list with various options, e.g. "In Formation", the one for you would be "In Cargo" or something along that line.

Yes, If exist a vehicle inside the group, "in Cargo" mounts that member on that vehicle but in diferent groups is how I would like.

For example:

At mission start:

-A ship with cpu tripulation and player's group inside the ship like carge.

-Ship go to the coast.

- Player's group disembark.

- Ship go away.

How can I do it?

To move all your players group members into the ship at the beginning, put this line in the player's init field:

{_x moveInCargo shipName} foreach units group player;

Then have the ship have a Transport Unload waypoint on the shore and the player have a Get Out one near it. Synch these together (F5). Then have the ship have a final move waypoint out at sea.

To move all your players group members into the ship at the beginning, put this line in the player's init field:

{_x moveInCargo shipName} foreach units group player;

Then have the ship have a Transport Unload waypoint on the shore and the player have a Get Out one near it. Synch these together (F5). Then have the ship have a final move waypoint out at sea.

OK. Thank you very much!!

Edited by NeV3rKilL

For the ship crew you would either use a populated boat to begin with or an empty with moveInDriver and Gunner (if turret).