Sign in to follow this  
RocktheBloc

Amphibious Assault - Report to Captain Shaftoe?

Hey all. I've hit a "wall" in one of Harvest Red's early missions, "Amphibious Assault." I've made it to the city I was ordered to, but the game no longer advances. I am assuming that this is because I have not reported to Captain Shaftoe as the briefing states I need to. However, I cannot find Capt. Shaftoe anywhere. I am assuming my team leader reports to him, but nothing happens.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something here? Is it possible that Capt. Shaftoe was killed during the assault, as I see three dead Marines near the LAV-C2?

Any help is much appeeciated. I am trying to avoid skipping each mission if I can avoid it.

Hey all. I've hit a "wall" in one of Harvest Red's early missions, "Amphibious Assault." I've made it to the city I was ordered to, but the game no longer advances. I am assuming that this is because I have not reported to Captain Shaftoe as the briefing states I need to. However, I cannot find Capt. Shaftoe anywhere. I am assuming my team leader reports to him, but nothing happens.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something here? Is it possible that Capt. Shaftoe was killed during the assault, as I see three dead Marines near the LAV-C2?

Any help is much appeeciated. I am trying to avoid skipping each mission if I can avoid it.

When I played I had to wait for my squad to get to the LAV-C2. Then the level ended. I don't even recall seeing Shaftoe on the map. At least that's how I think it happened.

Therein lies the problem. My whole team is at the LAV-C2, but the game doesn't end.

I really don't want to just use the endmission cheat, because that seems to screw up the campaign...

Therein lies the problem. My whole team is at the LAV-C2, but the game doesn't end.

I really don't want to just use the endmission cheat, because that seems to screw up the campaign...

Try the cheat. Reporting to Shaftoe ends AmAssault mission so you are not missing any "decision" points. The cutscene with Shaftoe introduces the next mission and it takes place on the rooftop of a concrete building at the outskirts of the city and nowhere near the mobile HQ.

A bit late in the day perhaps but this happened to me so I killed myself, 'reverted' and ran straight back to the last point, this time everyone was alive. :yay: