Sign in to follow this  
Darkhalo288

Selectable classes in-game?

Hey guys, i was making my new map and wanted to have it so once you enter the game everyone starts as a Rifleman, but if you go to say the barracks you can change your class there. I've seen it in a mp map (cant remember the name of the map) where everyone starts as basic shooter then could go to the ammo box and pick a class, i want it like that.

Also how would i go about making vehicles available to only a certain class, only pilots can fly any aircraft, only Engineers can use repair truck, only medics can use medic car etc. Thanks.

For the first one you could use addaction on an ammo box-type object. Create a unique addaction for however many "classes" you want, and have them call on scripts that would change loadouts. However that would not give players unique abilities like medics or anything like that.

Are you sure they were actually changing class and not just picking a set of weapons based on a "class" title?

you could do what fatty said with the addaction and call on loadout scripts. in those scripts you could use setVar to create a variable named somethin like "class" and give it a value with the name ofthe "class" chosen. then only allow players to enter the driver seat of vehicles if that value is appropriate, like "driver" or "pilot" or somethin.