Sign in to follow this  
apecallum

How can I set the mission to end once me and my team have extracted to a certain area

Is there anyway I can set my mission on mission editor to score a victory for BLUFOR if a BLUFOR squad simply reaches a pre designated point on the map? I have designed a sabotage type mission where our objective is to inflict damage on certain Russian placements such as an AA Site and an airfield. The final objective is to escape in a captured C130 positioned on the small airstrip on the far right of the map. What I would like to Is simply end the mission as a victory for our team once we reach a position out to sea, signifying our escape. Is this possible?

Also does anyone know of any beginner's guide to the mission editor? As you can tell I'm very very green at this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Callum

This is a really great editing guide. Actually it's for ArmA 1 but most of the stuff works in ArmA 2 as well.

This is how you end your mission as you want;

Set a trigger with the following parameters;

- Set axis 'a' and 'b' to the size that you want. This will create an area which the trigger will cover. Essentially, in your case it will represent the area which you have to get to for the mission to end.

- On the 'Activation' tab scroll down and select 'BLUFOR' and then directly below that, make sure that the word 'present' is highlighted. This means that when BLUFOR is PRESENT the trigger will be activated.

- Go down to the tab labelled 'Type' and select from the list 'End #1'.

- Make sure the condition is set to 'this'.

- In the 'On Act' Box type 'ForceEnd'.

That should make your mission end when you enter a certain area.

Leving.

Thank you both for your assistance you have been most helpful. Is there a repping system on these boards?

Thank you both for your assistance you have been most helpful. Is there a repping system on these boards?

Helping out others with your new knowledge. :)