Sign in to follow this  
Jaenus

"Capture" tasks assigned during play - HOW?

Hi all and thanks for your help:

I bought the game a couple days ago and, despite some bugs, I'm really loving it. The learning curve is steep, as I've never played OFP or ARMA I before, but nevertheless it's a great game with a lot of options.

One of the options I can't seem to find is to issue the task of CAPTURE on unowned cities.

When the AI takes over as commander in a multiplayer battle (usually I play Civil War) it immediately assigns "CAPTURE" objectives on some local towns.

I, sadly, cannot figure out how to do this. I can figure out how to give the MOVE and PATROL objective/task (by editing a waypoint) but I don't see the CAPTURE.

Also, when a town has been captured, the CAPTURE task is still on the town and I can't figure out how to delete it (same goes for the move/patrol task - can't delete them either)

I've looked on the forums for this stuff but I can't find it. Any links to specific guides or just a quick HOW TO would be super.

Thanks!

Edited by Jaenus

Yea, I figured no one would know. I looked all over and nothing.

Bugger.

I am not 100% sure about this, but you can acheive roughly the same thing like this:

Enter map mode (M)

CTRL+SPACE (High Command Mode)

Select your groups (F1 etc or ` for all)

Move your cursor to the town

In the menu that has appeared select waypoint

Then once the waypoint appears, right click to get waypoint context menu

THen select Seek Destroy

As long as you place the waypoint directly over the spot that has to be captured, they normally do it.

Hope it helps