Sign in to follow this  
shuko

BM-21 Grad, rocket firing problem

I'd like to make few Grads to launch their rockets, just for eye candy. I made a simple dowatch invisible hpad in the sky/fire loop. It works nicely.

The problem is, even though the hpad is 1-2km away, the rockets explode mid air, about 500m away from the grads. How to make them fly longer or just delete them before they explode?

The problem is, even though the hpad is 1-2km away, the rockets explode mid air, about 500m away from the grads. How to make them fly longer or just delete them before they explode?

The thing that pops into my mind is the Grads may be the same as MLRS; try deleting their current magazine and adding "ARTY_40Rnd_120mmHE_BM21"

If not, that, it could be that they are shooting at an "invalid" target. Try scripting them to fire onto an invisible helipad by calling the Arty mod itself.

Thank you, that worked perfectly.

this removeMagazines "40Rnd_GRAD"; this addMagazine "ARTY_40Rnd_120mmHE_BM21"

You can also give the grads a position out in the middle of nowhere to fire at and then periodically call on the Artillery Module to fire at it. That way, you can allow the grads to move around or redeploy without messing things up.