Sign in to follow this  
FoxOFP

XP problems

I cant start up OFP installed on a winXP system, if i dont have the user acount whit administrator rights?

Ive got patch 1.30 and the original ofp disc what can be the problem?

(Edited by FoxOFP at 3:56 pm on Nov. 28, 2001)

I think this Problem is because you have no rights to install programms without admin rights. ask someone who has admin rights or log yourself in as admin (if you can)....

Ive installed ofp already... but it won;t run if im logged in with a acount without adminstrator rights

The one with adminstrator rights installed OFP and several other programs ,all programs are working correct. No mather wich account is used ,exept OFP.

OFP only will run on a account whit Adminstrator rights

So what can be the problem then?

thx for reply

So... It works whit a administrator acount. (dont got that one) and its not working on a Account whitout Administrator rights.

Thx for the reply,

We changed the acount in a Acount whit "Admin Rights" and OFP runs Perfectly!

After changing the acount back (no admin rights),again IT WOULDN'T RUN!

So the only problem is that it will not run under an acount without admin.rights

On the url microsoft says this problem is known with some older games :

In those casses " The companion wich made the game should make a patch for the problem "

So is their a patch for this problem Or for WinXP, And if it does where can i find it?

thx for reply again!

You're welcome. I think the best option would be to set this account to "power user". But i did not find any info if Win2000-style accounts can be activated (you may enable Win2000-behaviour for NTFS rights though)

There is no patch available to solve this issue from BIS and it is unclear if there ever will be one. It seems the game needs to write stuff to the registry which is not permitted by a normal XP-Users.