Sign in to follow this  
Jedo

Where are Scenarios My Missions?

This perhaps sounds strange, and please feel free to redirect me to a thread I have obviously not yet found, but I'd like to ask: where can I find the pbo/sqm files for missions I make with the simplified editor in Scenarios -> Single Missions -> My missions?

I am trying to get to the bottom of why the ACM works so much better in those missions than in the ones I create with the normal editor. Thought I'd unpack a few to look how they are made and I have already looked in Missions folder (nothing) and in missions.pbo where I only found template files (which make no sense on their own).

Can someone tell me where Arma stores the missions created with Scenarios editor?

nope, just looked. I see only normal editor missions get stored there.

However, in the missions folder (the one in my custom profile in my documents) I did find ARMA2WIZARDMISSION files with the names of my scenario missions. The problem is those files look empty. I can't unpbo it and test them out. Does this mean the wizard compiles the mission each time I start it or something?

Yes it would seem it compiles them at runtime... But if you unpack the mission.pbo from the addons folder you'll get the Templates as editable sqm files. If you throw these, ie Basic.West in your regular editor folder, and give em a .Chernarus or .Utes suffix you can edit them.

You can then open up both the .ArmA2WizardMission and the mission.sqm in notepad and then, uh, do some voodoomagic ...

sorry I'm little help... but seems like you could probably work it out with some copy pasting.