Sign in to follow this  
MetalFaceX

Textures not loading.

Ok, I tried the demo and I loved it. Later that night I decided to buy the game but before I bought it I updated my drivers for my GTX 260. I installed the game loaded a single player mission and no textures will load. This didn't happen with the demo at all. And I'm starting to think it's my drivers.... Help please :(

Hi, i have the same card as you do (GTX260, ive the 216 version btw) and im using nvidias 182.50s without any problems. But not loading textures can also mean you are suffering from the 8gb ram problem. If you by any chance happen to have 8 gigs of ram than you should use the -winxp parameter in your shortcut

I got hat problem, I've got 285, but it only happed when i installed the 190 drivers, went back to 186 and it was back to normal

Ok, got the CRT last week. It played fine afterwards until I bought 4 additional GB's of RAM.

Installed the RAM, tweaked outside of the game for 2 nights to ensure stability. Got stability and tried ARMA 2 yesterday.

Textures disappeared.. GONE, seems to be only using one of my 4 cores on CPU too... keeps to under 2 GB's of RAM - AND the video card is only using 57% instead of the usual 99%......

And the graphics are dead, as is the game effectively.

Tried changing the settings all over the place, rebooted it quite a few times. Rebooted Windows, even switched from Ganged to Unganged on the memory to rule that out.....

Went into Left 4 Dead and Crysis - and both worked fine....so it isn't the Video card overheating (as the temperature on CCC is also a clear indicator there)......

9.8 was working fine up until I changed the RAM....

HOw on earth would a RAM change cause this.... the game was fine until that..

but sounds exactly like what this OP has as well..

Graphics are toast......TOAST....out of nowhere... I'm sooooooo mad.

4870 HIS 1 GB is the card, 940 BE @3.6 with 8 GB's of RAM running at 800 5-5-5-18

Edited by Gill..
added specs

Read the posts above yours and you'll see "8gb of ram problem". Search the forums for that. But just to make it easier for you, Arma 2 doesn't like 8gb of Ram. Start Arma 2 with -winxp and your troubles will go away.

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

ps : -winxp is a switch at the end of your arma2.exe shortcut

Thanks, I did find the 8 GB thread.... did the XP fix - and no, didn't work. However - I did it from the icon - will try with the launch option as well.

Thanks. It is unacceptable though, especially considering I got the extra 4 GB's after CTD from lack of RAM

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Update, the -XP when used in the lauch configuration within STEAM DID work!!!

Thank you much, performance looks a little less - I'll give full test later.

Appreciate the help