Sign in to follow this  
BlueToast

Scenario with 1000+ AI bots??

How do I start a game with 1000 AI bots? In other words, how can I set how many bots will play? Thanks!

EDIT :: Also, is it possible to be in spectator mode and just free-fly around?

How do I start a game with 1000 AI bots? In other words, how can I set how many bots will play? Thanks!

With editor and scripts. open mission editor and start copy&paste.

EDIT :: Also, is it possible to be in spectator mode and just free-fly around?

Yeah...with scripts

Is it possible to do this on a dedicated server that doesn't have a VGA?

Oh don't worry about that. I plan on doing this on 32 GHz+ worth of horsepower.

And according to existing YouTube videos, you can run 2000 AI bots on a 4 GHz processor just fine (low graphics though), let alone 1000 and 1500 in specific. Based on this information, 32 GHz could theoretically power up to 16,000 AI bots in simultaneous play. I would really like to see how that would look in-game, and how well the game engine could handle it, etc. I think of this as a curious experiment to test the limits of the game and going into unexplored territories.

Edited by BlueToast

Oh don't worry about that. I plan on doing this on 32 GHz+ worth of horsepower.

And according to existing YouTube videos, you can run 2000 AI bots on a 4 GHz processor just fine (low graphics though), let alone 1000 and 1500 in specific. Based on this information, 32 GHz could theoretically power up to 16,000 AI bots in simultaneous play. I would really like to see how that would look in-game, and how well the game engine could handle it, etc. I think of this as a curious experiment to test the limits of the game and going into unexplored territories.

Oh lord, now I worry about your electricity bill! :yay:

To be honest, I'd rather like to see 5000 rabbits on a ArmA map. That realy must look splendid.

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

Thanks! :D

I need to get my computer back up and running so that I would be able to join the server via gigabit LAN and record all the action. I recently sold my HD4850 so that I can save up for an HD4890 and a northbridge water block, so it will be a couple to few weeks before I can setup this experiment.

I will keep this thread updated as/when necessary.

EDIT :: Will have to delay this experiment for an additional few weeks. I decided to wait until the ATI HD5000 series come out. Performance benchmarks are supposed to be released sometime soon, and if everything so far is true about it, it'll deflate the HD4890 and GTX285.

Edited by BlueToast