Sign in to follow this  
KillerKane

errror creating direct3d 9 graphical engine

I played it two nights ago, did nothing on my PC the next day and the got this the error when I went to play the third day.

I got the game off Steam, error showed up 14th of August.

I checked integrity through Steam, reinstalled DX9c, restarted numerous times and did everything short of reinstalling the game off Steam.

After searching, most references to this error involve Vista but I am running XP. Any insight or suggestions short of the huge download through Steam would be appreciated.

Is your graphic card driver up to date? sound driver? did you install patch 1.03? did you do a web install of dx or a downloaded?

Drivers were upto date as of last month. It is a Steam version of ArmA2 so it is up to date there. The game worked one day, was the last thing I played on my PC then two days later go to start it and it gave me that error. Either windows XP updated or Steam updated ArmA2 because I can not think what else would cause the error.

I got the ISO for WIN7 RC, maybe time to switch to that I guess. Did some more looking and it appears this is a major problem for some people with ArmA2, guess I am one of the unlucky ones.

Make a new short cut for arma delete old one.If that doesn't work use driver cleaner or similar programme to remove graphic drivers.And then reinstall new up to date Drivers.First one worked for me hopefully the combination of the two may work for you.