Sign in to follow this  
GT-Maddtim

Dedicated server config file

I think I've got this right but I wanted a little input to confirm it for myself since I can't test it until tonight. On my dedicated server, I want to setup CTF games in the custom config file to run with no time limit and to end after a set number of flag captures. Right now, these are the settings I put in:

param1 = 10000 (unlimited time I think)

param2 = 20 (ends after 2 flag captures, 30 would be 3, etc)

Is this correct? I know networking and hardware but don't have a clue on scripting. Thanks in advance.

The timeout value is correct, but the value of the second parameter will depend on how many points are awarded for each flag capture in the mission in question -- not all of them give you 10 points for the capture.

Hmmm, that's what I was worried about. The other thing that worries me is we want it setup so that only flag captures count, not actual kills. Sounds like to get this thing right we would have to recreate the mission. Can anyone confirm this or am I just way off base here?

It's actually not that hard to change the way the mission works, although you will have to get a tool called DePBO.

Using it, you can extract the component files from the missions's .PBO file, and then edit the MISSION.SQM file to remove the trigger that adds points for kills -- just leave in the trigger that awards points for flag captures.

THANKS! I actually have DePBO and StuffPBO but hadn't gone looking into it yet. I do have problems exporting the files occasionally though (like description.ext is unreadable, etc) but I'll give it a shot.

Try PBO Extractor V0.5, it actually does a better job than DePBO -- I've never had it not properly decrypt a file, or append garbage at the end.

You also don't need to restuff the files. I usually run PBO Extractor to extract the component files, and put them into my USER directory. I then edit them there using Notepad or the Mission Editor. When you are ready to create a PBO again, just select "Export to MP Missions" when you save the file in the Mission Editor.