Sign in to follow this  
luckyhendrix

Setting up my own dedicated server for testing purpose

Hello,

I wanted to set up a dedicated server so I could test my scripts/missions.

So what I did is I created a new shortcut for arma II with this in the target field.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -server -config=server.cfg -mod=@myMod

I created a server.cfg file with all the settings and put it in my main arma II folder.

When I click on the server Icon it seems to work fine the console launch.

Then I launch the game with but when I click on multiplayer in the menu , the game crashes... :confused:

I've just tried with it but same as with the shortcut :butbut:

(If I start the game first go to MP and then launch the server , it crashes when I join the server).

Edited by luckyhendrix

So the client crashes when you click multiplayer, before you even see a server list?

Are these on the same machine?

What do you mean by crash? does the game lockup, or bomb out to desktop, is there an error message?

Aren't you supposed to run the dedicated server from a separate (copied) folder if you're hoping to run the client too? Haven't tried it on the same machine myself...

When you run Arma, it kinda locks all the files.

Sounds like he just created a "new shortcut" of the same install?

Copy your ArmA 2 folder and place it anywhere (I have mine on a seperate drive). Add the server.exe and you can use it for launching.

thank you guys, Yes I had a shortcut to the same install , I'll try now to copy arma in a new foler.

EDIT: it's still not working, i've moved my arma folder to my G:\ drive And launch the server form there , but It still CTD when I go in mp.

Edited by luckyhendrix