Sign in to follow this  
Phisher

2 questions...

What is the command to surrender, I.E. putting hands behind back?

I have a captive soilder and put in his init field:

this setbehaviour "CARELESS"; this setCaptive true; this switchmove "FXSurUniv" also "effectFXSurvUniv"

(im pretty sure thats not the command just didnt want to find it again)

Did I do anything wrong ?

Also with chairs what is the command to make the soilder sit on the chairs?

This might help me more but what do I do with the FXS commands, like I've done playmove and switchmove but Im pretty sure that it is wrong.

one other thing, how do I get the T.V. on?

Isn't it like static or something? t

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Phisher @ Mar. 19 2002,02:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also with chairs what is the command to make the soilder sit on the chairs?<span id='postcolor'>

Hi!

U can make it sit, like this:

- put down the soldier, name it like soldier1

- put down a trigger, and make it to be activated, by this unit

- write in the triggers activation field: soldier1 switchmove "FXStandUnivTable"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Phisher @ Mar. 19 2002,01:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is the command to surrender, I.E. putting hands behind back?

I have a captive soilder and put in his init field:

this setbehaviour "CARELESS"; this setCaptive true; this switchmove "FXSurUniv"  also "effectFXSurvUniv"

(im pretty sure thats not the command just didnt want to find it again)

Did I do anything wrong ?

Also with chairs what is the command to make the soilder sit on the chairs?

This might help me more but what do I do with the FXS commands, like I've done playmove and switchmove but Im pretty sure that it is wrong.<span id='postcolor'>

FXStandSurDown -Stand and put hands behind your head

FXStandSurUniv -Hands behind your head surrendering

Some commands I find work in a script beter than triggers in the editor.

The TV overlay can be accessed from the effects menu in a trigger dialogue box.

Thanks for the help, but for the TV i was wondering if there is a way to make the TV object have the effect of being on?

I'm going to take a stab at these tips myself. I've been tinkering with a mission involving either the Resistance or East holding civilians captive. This would add more "realisim" the mission.

Okay, I messed around with the surrendering thing a while last night.

I ran into some quirks. I could only get the individual to put his arms behind his head when I put the command in a trigger, not in the individuals init. Also, I could not get the guy to move based on another trigger. For example, he's held captive by East. I kill all East and have a trigger for "East not present", with a Move waypoint attached to the captive (a civilian). I want him to run away after the East is eliminated, but he just stands there.

Also, I couldn't get more than one soldier in a group to put his arms up. I tried one trigger, a trigger for each soldier and nothing worked. Only one soldier would put his arms up.