Sign in to follow this  
maturin

Illegal Copies Ma Degrade

I was flying a chopper in the editor on my legal Steam-obtained copy of Arma 2 when small white letters flashed across the center of my screen. "Illegal Copies Ma Degrade"

It happened two or three times in a minute and then stopped (I have had the game for a month or so).

So you better fucking not degrade, you spelling-challenged jackass, or I'll strangle you with my receipt.

Does this happen to anyone else, and does it mean that FADE has been somehow been triggered (I have installed no addons, and edited no files although co-op games inform me that I use Modified Data Pack- CA)?

I have not had any problems with ArmA 2 - but have before had problems with other games on Steam - Company of Heroes suddenly came up and demanded a CD-KEY for instance...

So question is, if it's the game or if it's Steam..

It's most likely that Steam has accidentally issued the same license twice, or your files are corrupt.

First, goto Arma 2 in Steam, right click it and goto "properties", then goto "local files", then "verify integrity of game cache". After that, test to see if it's still happening.

If it is, contact steam and tell them and they should rectify it for you.

If legit copies perform like they do I'd hate to see a degraded copy! Goodness, it's probably a text adventure at that point.