Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

I'm trying to make a convoy

Iv started with this. My test convoy was 8 units long, and from front to back, it was: BRDM, BMP2, repair truck, ammo truck, fuel truck, URAL, T72, and another BRDM. Is this too many units? And how do i make them maintain a straight line?

I've found that convoy's with armored units won't stay in a direct line. I'm not sure why, but when I set them to drive in a column, the trucks and jeeps will form the column and the armored units stray off, following my direct line.

Pomp

k.........................still need help, here. BIS was able to do it, theres gotta be someone out there who knows wink.gif

I dont know if there is an easier way, but this definately works. Start of by placing your BRDM on the road facing the right way. Give it a move waypoint right in front of it with behavior set as safe and speed set to limited (without the limited speed, it races off in front of the other units). Then add the other waypoints for its journey. Add each of the vehicles in the order you wish them to drive in behind the first BRDM and along the road. Then ungroup them all so they're single units. Give each unit a join waypoint, with behavior set to safe, to the vehicle directly in front of it. As long as you've given each unit enough space between the other units, they should set off in a perfect convoy.

I found when i tried starting them off as one group, they would try to change their order first which caused crashes and hold ups!

Also, if their behavior is set to danger or something, they will go into formation, but when set back to safe they will reform the convoy line and the same order.

Create a waypoint for the first car, (behavior = safe; speed = limited). Give all of the cars a name like car1, car2, car3,...... and type in each units init field "this commandfollow carX" (replace the X with the number of the car you want him to follow). All of the cars have to be grouped.

I've had this problem too. Curing it is rather simple, and you don't need to muck about with join waypoints and the like. Simply give each vehicle in the convoy a different rank, in descending order, so the first vehicle is Major, then next vehicle is Captain etc. Then set out the route with waypoints, and set their behaviour to safe and their formation to column. This should make them maintain a column. For columns of mixed vehicles, setting the speed to limited may also be necessary.