Sign in to follow this  
Yapab

Problem with saving coop campaign - error.

Hi,

Me and a friend have played the first 4 missions/scenarios of the campaign and have encountered a saving/loading bug in the 4th mission.

My friend hosts and when he resumes a saved coop game, it loads and i can join but on my screen I get an error. The error reads:

"ERROR: MPF_rCREATETASKSET calls fails - BIS_missionScope is nil"

I also get no notes/mission details in the "map view"... so my friend has to read out the mission and details so I can follow the story and whats going on.

This problem was no present in the previous missions, however we did not try to save/resume a game as the missions were shorter.

Thanks,

Yapa

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

We tried to play on with the error, and I've noticed there are no tasks either... apart from some script names in the task list!

When playing on, the game lagged badly... unplayable.

Yapa

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Ok just thought I'd update this thread with more info and a video showing what is actually happening (videos speak a million words?).

Basically these are the problems with "resuming" coop saved games.

1) No notes in map view

2) No tasks in map view

3) No markers in map view (such as the red markers given by CDF leader)

4) Error which is shown in my top post

5) Game lagging or "Jumping" from place to place for the client (host is fine).

I have a video of problem #5, if it wasnt for this I could probably play on without the tasks and markers... but this "jumping" makes it unplayable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEW4UuIlJnE

I would also like to say that this is NOT lag related, we get a 40 ping or lower to each other. Also, after "reverting" the game, we can play without any lag... but once we "resume" the game it starts to do this jumping catchup!

Anyone else who is playing thru the campaign in coop please post any problems you have seen so the dev's can hopefully see this thread and possibly fix some of the issues.

The game and story is amazing, I love the 4th level...

EDIT - I would like to add that my friend IS driving in a straight line along the road... he is NOT driving in circles etc... this is what is happening when he is driving normally on the road!

Yapa

Edited by Yapab

man ive never experienced anything like that before. 8800GTS 512mb. Intel core 2 duo , windows xp. I Get a pretty consistant FPS , its consistantly 20-40 fps WAY Higher fps in the editor.

Yes it only happens after "resuming" a previously suspended (saved) coop campaign.

This is not an FPS issue or lag/connection issue... as the problem disappears if we "revert" / restart the mission.

Yapa