Sign in to follow this  
Guest Titanium

Black op rafts

Guest Titanium

If you notice, around every islan, there are small island with little or no inhabitants. I was thinking, that when you stage a black op mission, you could do the whole thing, inserton, mission, and extraction. I propose a small black raft, capacty 2-4 i belive are how the real ones are. you go slow(by paddling slowly, but most islands are close to the main island so it wont take that long. and since they are just plain old rafts, one shot can take them out, that is if they are spotted.

I could see some good opportunities here for black op missions.

BTW, why cant you swim in OFP?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Titanium @ Mar. 18 2002,23:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, why cant you swim in OFP?<span id='postcolor'>

You can't have everything and there's no water in OFP. This thing there just looks like a water.

You can't swim with that heavy dress and weapons anyway. wink.gif

I think the addition of the Z-bird/Zodiac combat rubber raiding craft would be a neat addition. They wouldn't need to be paddled unless you wanted to as the Zodiacs are normally fitted with a 35hp or 55hp outboard for transits.

We routinely take Z-birds out to sea 30 miles or more so a simple island to island transit isn't the least bit out of the question.

This would be cool. Delta Force 3 had zodiacs, and what was even cooler is that you could fire your weapon from them. this would be a good addition

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Mar. 18 2002,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can't swim with that heavy dress and weapons anyway. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL why is it people keep thinking that you cant swim in real life with uniform, gear and weapon. It really isnt that hard if you are a fair swimmer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Mar. 19 2002,00:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Mar. 18 2002,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can't swim with that heavy dress and weapons anyway. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL why is it people keep thinking that you cant swim in real life with uniform, gear and weapon. It really isnt that hard if you are a fair swimmer.<span id='postcolor'>

You can try and you'll see. Tell me if it's easy. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Mar. 19 2002,00:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Mar. 19 2002,00:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Mar. 18 2002,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can't swim with that heavy dress and weapons anyway. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL why is it people keep thinking that you cant swim in real life with uniform, gear and weapon. It really isnt that hard if you are a fair swimmer.<span id='postcolor'>

You can try and you'll see. Tell me if it's easy.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well as part of my military training i did a 150m swim with uniform, boots, battleharness (2 ammobags, 1 waterflask and 2 utillity bags) and weapon. And guess what no one in the entire company drowned tounge.gif

Lol biggrin.gif

Seriously, it´s not really a big deal for a normally constitutioned soldier to swim a few hundred metres in full combat dress. But usually "Floating packs" are build.

The tent is used as covering and wrapping material, stuffed with dry sticks, hay, paper or whatever is available gives it the necessary bulkiness and floating properties. Now the Rucksack, boots, load bearing harness and other equipment is wrapped with the tent and floating material inlay, the weapon is secured on top of the package. Although all this stuff weights more than 25kg (more than 30kg for heavy equipment as MG/AT) it floats if done correctly and can also be used as swimming aid, enabling one to swim for a couple hours if it should become necessary.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ Mar. 19 2002,01:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lol biggrin.gif

Seriously, it´s not really a big deal for a normally constitutioned soldier to swim a few hundred metres in full combat dress. But usually "Floating packs" are build.

The tent is used as covering and wrapping material, stuffed with dry sticks, hay, paper or whatever is available gives it the necessary bulkiness and floating properties. Now the Rucksack, boots, load bearing harness and other equipment is wrapped with the tent and floating material inlay, the weapon is secured on top of the package. Although all this stuff weights more than 25kg (more than 30kg for heavy equipment as MG/AT) it floats if done correctly and can also be used as swimming aid, enabling one to swim for a couple   hours if it should become necessary.<span id='postcolor'>

It sure do works smile.gifsmile.gif

Crossed a small river in november like that (damn it was cold) But every thing floats when packed corectly.

Inflatable rafts sound fun. But on covert missions engine isn't used. And who would want to paddle to the shore at a mere 9km/h ?

Though I think they should fix the bug where the boats we have now can "back-up" from a beach.

Sure you can run with a boat right on land at 80km/h. But you definitely shouldn't be able to back out from it. Propeller doesn't really work in sand and dust. That way, everyone would try and land the boat nicely near the shore as they would in real life.

I believe U.S. Marines are trained to swim when wearing full combat gear.

I am not sure, but I believe that this tradition started after WW2 when many soldiers died drowning when their boats were attacked.

Guest Scooby

There are many alot more important weapons and equipment to be added into game than rafts.

Why yo expand into new areas if existing arent yet done well.