Sign in to follow this  
Electricleash

Camp Fire Illumination; to Bright and White.

Not sure if anyone agrees with me on this (or cares) but as someone who appreciates atmosphere in all forms, I feel that the light emitted from the camp fires/Fire Barrels/Tire Fires are far too white and bright.

camp1.jpg

It just seems like the last thing you would want in a camp is for it to shine forth like a christmas tree.

White Fire Light

I think the light colour should be swapped with the warm orangey glow of the street lamps as they seem a little too dark anyway orange flames should generate orange light

Orange Street Light 1

Orange Street Light 2

I also think that the emmiter is incorrectly placed bellow the surface of the terrain thus no ground shadows (though this may be intentional for performance purposes)

Anyways I doubt this is priority enough to change, but on the behalf of myself (and probably the various Arma movie makers out there) it was necessary to get this off my chest.

... incidentally if anyone knows a way to change this manually please pass this on.

E

Edited by Electricleash

Yeah, this would be better. Adds a lot more atmosphere.

But I think there are problems that need to be fixed prior to this to make the game playable ... with fun playable.