Sign in to follow this  
Ruisruutu2

ZU-23 Realism

A few things I noticed about the ZU-23 in ARMA 2 that are not realistic.

First: The gun barrels don't move back and forth while firing

See here:

Second: The guns are way too accurate, IRL there dispersion is much lager, this makes the guns in game too powerful against ground targets

See here:

Third: The ZU-23 guns have way too large magazine ingame, IRL the guns have only 60 rounds per barrel in a full belt, so the realistic number before changing magazines would be 120 rounds

See here: http://www.mil.fi/maavoimat/kalustoesittely/00124_en.dsp

also it may be a bug, but now the magazine change is instantaneous

:):):)

Thats making a animation that dont even exist in reality, and simultaniusly trying to improve the FPS in the game.

I have nothing more to say.

Good points, these are all things that could easily be fixed within current game engine abilities.

After seeing those vids all i care about is getting the right sounds, they sound brutal.

Good points, these are all things that could easily be fixed within current game engine abilities.

Let's just hope BIS has the will to do them ;)

Second: The guns are way too accurate, IRL there dispersion is much lager, this makes the guns in game too powerful against ground targets

See here:

You cant really judge the accuracy based on that video though.

You cant really judge the accuracy based on that video though.

True, here's a second one

you can get some general idea, in arma 2 now the guns fire in straight line

Don't think accuracy is that off. How far away is the rounds when they start to dispurse? Probably over a click through the air

From the sidebar of one of the videos you posted

doesn't seem to dispurse any more than ArmA does, as the distance across the valley is probably quite large.

Don't think accuracy is that off. How far away is the rounds when they start to dispurse? Probably over a click through the air

From the sidebar of one of the videos you posted

doesn't seem to dispurse any more than ArmA does, as the distance across the valley is probably quite large.

What I mean that there is no other movement on the grenades on flight except little drop, you can test this in game by firing in to a night sky and not moving the guns at all, it's almost like a lasercannon. The dispersion doesn't have to be much just a little to add more realistic feeling to it :)