Sign in to follow this  
zolop0

Arma 2 Demo Suggestion

Since many new players that play the demo, don't necessarily see all the intricate parts of the game, except by having to make their own mission using the mission wizard, here are some suggestions to change that.

1. In the warfare mode map, please allow a option to increase the supply income. I know you can do it in the city menu but why not make a global option in the mission setting screen (the same play where you can select fast time).

The reason for the is that players can experience more of the game than just infantry combat. Because of the low number of captureable towns the supply rate takes more than a couple of hours to get enough to buy a heavy factory. At that point most people generally stop playing the demo and think that is all to the demo when their is so much more. This is another reason why people have deathmatch mentality in Arma 2 initially is because they do not see the truly open warfare.

2. In the warfare mode map, please make the battlefield larger so that aircraft, mainly choppers can have more terrain to use. Also this will allow more towns to take control increasing the supply rate without having to change any of the mission/map. You don't need to add 20 more towns just 4+ more so that it is a larger battle scenario, one that uses Arma 2's aspect of large open warfare. Right now the demo for Warfare mission feels way too small for what Arma 2 can truly do.

These are simple changes, more so with the supply rate multiplier, that will let new players and veteran players explore more of Arma 2. It will also allow new users to see a beautifully aspect of the nature of Arma 2, Large Open realistic killer warfare.

i know i use it because i am currently ordering the game i like your idears but there needs to be work on the multi player editor it needs to be more like the mission editor plus there seems to be no way out of the way point editor without reverting to the move order. and one jet would be nice :)

i agree whith the supply editor as some factions are well supplied so making heavy factory's should be easy

Yeah, and some more units would also be nice, the campaign

missions would be great as well and for neq players it'd be nice of

you umlimit the editor as well, so we have more to play and would rather

buy the game.

Why don't just port the whole game?