Sign in to follow this  
CSO_brent

Session lost problem

OK..here goes:

I am able to connect to a multiplayer server, go through the side assignment etc etc, but the game freezes at the mission loading screen. after 2-3 mins I get a session lost message. then nothing.

If I esc out of there and rejoin the server session - i am put to the pre-briefing screen and can chat, but i never get the breifing or to the game. Which is good because I have been able to tell people that I need to bail...

I'm running ver. 1.46 on a P3-550 w/ 256meg ram, ATI rage 128 pro, dsl connection through a Winproxy firewall, I am not the host machine; yes, I opened up the ports for directx ( the 2 listed at Avonlady's site ) and 2234 and 2235 tcp/ip and udp; in and out, for OFP. (i'm taking the shotgun approach here).

the only add-on I have is Armourdave & Kegetys addon collection 1.01. so everything is pretty much stock-out-of-the-box. I tried reinstalling (orig, gold upgrade, ver 1.46) but that didn't help.

do I have to have all the add-ons that are in a mission for it to load properly? I have been able to play the mission alone after downloading it - so I don't think this is the issue.

I've searched around for help on this and haven't found anything yet...and ideas??

thx,

CSO_brent

1 Have you tried shutting down the firewall completely?

2 did it happen with previous versions?

3 Yes, if a mission uses an useraddon, it must be installed.

I have tried with the firewall off, on with ports, various levels etc... - no change unfortunately

I don't know about earlier versions - I didn't try before I had installed 1.46

OK - good to know about addons, they are not sent with the mission file then.  I was able to play the mission in a stand alone setting though, so I assume (I know...) I have all the necessary files

also systems are both win2k - server and client at my end...

CSO_brent