Sign in to follow this  
Trevon

Hardware Q's

I've got ArmA II in the mail, coming on Monday. My current rig runs the demo on low, but I don't care about that really. You see, I got an alienware M17x on the way as well and need to know how it will handle ArmA II.

Specs:

Current:

Nvidia 1 gig 8600 xfx GT

AMD Athlon dual core Windsor 6400+ 3.2 GHz

M17x:

Nvidia GTX 280m x2 SLI

Intel dual core T9800 - 2.93 GHz

256 gig SSD Hard drive

I'm thinking that it will run great on pretty good settings, just lookin' for some more insight.

there's really no telling until you actually get it installed and start playing. Some people with kick-ass rigs get 20fps, some get 40+. Some people with mediocre rigs (like mine) can run the game fine, some cant. Some people get constant crashes, some don't...etc etc

By all logiceal sense you should be able to run it fairly decent.

I would like to know how it runs off an SSD though!

Yep, me too! That was one of my requirements. Even though the demo, as well as OFP loaded extremely fast to begin with, I can't imagine if it could help or not! hah.

well with the streaming engine, it constantly loads data (specially when you're moving fast) and with some people causes stutters and texture lag. Defragging my HDD helped with mine, but I'm sure a SSD wouldn't have any problems

Oh, I did not know that, thanks for the help!! I'm not familiar with this engine at all really. Guess I'll just have to run A2 on low settings until that comes and hope for the best with it.

Using the demo I literally got 4FPS on the benchmark, but the game runs very smooth in game, when i do missions, using the editor, etc. so i have no clue about that :P but just run the demo play the games, i never got lag playing.

Best way to start on install is turn everything to low then start increasing things. The last thing you should enable is PP and AA. Also have your view distance down to around 1000, that can also create some fps bottlenecks.

I now (24/7/09) run everything on normal, VD at 1000 and PP off with no AA, 1680x1050/1680x1050 and get 20-60 fps depending on location and other random unexplainable things.