Sign in to follow this  
nyran125

I fixed most of my crashes with Demo

Bizarre thing happened to me , i had alot of crashes putting my system specs on low - medium. I put my system specs to high and i dont get crashes any more. Im starting to wonder if it is a problem with a mixture of hardware optimization and graphical settings. I shouldnt be getting less hangs and crashes by putting graphics up. However it seems to be the case. I think its something to do with a graphical setting thats buggy within the game. One thing i had to do was turn off Post Processing. It was making my screen way to blurry. I turned everything else on high , now i dont get as many crashes but it destroys performance a bit which is a shame because id much rather have my setting low - medium to have better performance than have to worry about crashes, yet when i put graphics on low - medium to get the better performance i get way more system crashes. VERY STRANGE ENGINE.

There are also some bugs in the editor that causes my system to crash. Mainly to do with setting up certain types of way points in the map editor, and if the game doesnt want to follow the waypoint path properly it seems to Crash to desktop. Like if you tell a vehicle to pick you up a long a road yet the vehicle might do snaky zig zag driving and crash into something , the system seems to crash. Also if I tell many units to do something at once there seems to be crashes aswell. If i spawn guys ain very open selected areas alightly away from biuldings so they dont get caught up in them the crashes isnt as bad, but still crashes sometimes regardless.

Alot of this stuff should of just of been ironed out, i love the lighting graphics etc, but i would of prefered it to be a little less graphically and have WAY more perfomance and less issues. Im running 8800 GTS 512mb, 3 gb ram and windows xp and intel core 2 Duo E6700 2.66 Ghz it Runs fine a consistant 30- 50 FPS all the way through. I seem to be getting less crashes than most of you. I can play it on high graphics for a few hours at a time. But if i put graphics on low-medium, it crashes . Very strange engine the operation flashpoint engine. The same kind of issues happen in Operation flashpoint and ArMA to this day and my system is way beyond specs for OP and Arma.

So try turning off post processing, put graphics on high, not medium. Its what i did and it stops the crashing for me a bit , however the performance decrease is irritating.

Edited by nyran125

The issues experienced by everyone here will not be fixed by turning off post processing and turning up gfx to high, I am happy that this has resolved your problems but the way the engine chooses seemingly random machines it feels that have faulty hardware or incompatible confugrations cannot be fixed by turning a few graphical settings up or down.

It may help others but if you check out the majority of the threads here then everything that can be tweaked has been tweaked even down to simplistic 'turn off <insert feature here>' suggestions.

Cheers,

I hear that patch 1.04 is the mutts nuts btw, 1.03 is nothing in comparison.