Sign in to follow this  
shanye3ast

trouble please help..

okay so i just upgraded my computer completely. AMD 3200+ motherboard, geforce 9600 GSO graphics card, gig of ram, the works. i place my arma 2 cd into the drive and it simply just doesn't read the disc..

any ideas?..

Guest RKSL-Rock

Has you PC detected your DVD drive? Does it show up in "My computer" and does it read other discs?

If not check the data cables are properly pluged in and that they arent damaged in anyway.

If its only the ArmA disc try updating the firmware on your drive.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

You'll need to wait for the next patch to come out before you play the game, otherwise you will be disappointed.....

Like me....

*Runs away sulking*

it DOES read other discs. i just got done installing one of my old games. how do i upgrade my drivers for my CD drive?

xfire and aol im - shanye3ast

help me out please

Guest RKSL-Rock

You could try updating your DVD drives firmware.

Find out the make and model number of your drive, then Google those and "firmware". Most manufacturers have apps that will update you to the latest standard. I

It may just be that your drive isn't up to the latest standard

or

you may possibly have a faulty disc.

Believe it or not, simply unplugging the SATA cables (data and power) may fix this. I had similar issue with my brand new build - my Lite-On DVD combo would read some discs but not others. Switching off PC and unplugging/ plugging seemed to fix it. Not sure why. I just read it somewhere..

My 2c.

Jero.

Hi all

shanye3ast keeps saying:

okay so i just upgraded my computer completely. AMD 3200+ motherboard, geforce 9600 GSO graphics card, gig of ram, the works. i place my arma 2 cd into the drive and it simply just doesn't read the disc..

any ideas?..

My use of bold
it DOES read other discs. i just got done installing one of my old games. how do i upgrade my drivers for my CD drive?

xfire and aol im - shanye3ast

help me out please

My use of bold

That may be a clue.

Surprisingly DVD's do not work in CD drives ;)

If that is the problem DVD Writer drives are cheep buy one.

If shanye3ast actualy means his DVD drive wont work bit of a ditto DVD Writer drives are cheep buy one.

If not then test it with another DVD game, if other DVDS are working you have eleiminated the DVD reader as being the cause. Then test the ArmA II DVD on a friends computer if it works on a friends computer it is not the ArmA II DVD that is at fault. If it does not work on the friends computer take it back to the retailer and let them retest it and ask for a replacement disk.

Surpringly General is not where trouble shooting posts go!

Some one preferably the OP should ask a moddie to move it.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker