Sign in to follow this  
Meltbrain

Mission help for a newbie.

Hey guys,

So... I was almost completely new to ArmA II and this kind of style of game for a long time. I only ever played a demo of Op Flashpoint many years ago with terrible hardware that wouldn't run it very well. After trying out the ArmA II demo I figured there really isn't much else quite like this game that is out there (other than Op Flashpoint and the first ArmA) and so I picked it up.

The game definitely has it's fair share of problems. The voice acting... Dude... seriously? I appreciate these guys are on a tight budget and considering they're not native speakers the english is mostly excellent, but they can't act for beans. The amount of bugs is pretty disappointing, too, but hey. For all it's problems I still enjoy the game and I hope I'll get into the online community with a bit more practice.

I also just bought a Radeon 4870 yesterday and I can pretty much nearly run ArmA II maxed out with relatively good FPS. Sweeeet.

So anyway, after getting my head around most of the game's mechanics and how to play.. I've been having fun. I just have a few general questions and some more specific mission ones.

1. Is there any way to tell who, on my team, is the best to heal wounded soldiers? So far all I've been able to figure out is that Corpsmen seem to be the best at healing dudes. Also is it possible for NPC US marines who aren't in my squad to heal me or my guys without me being in command and just ordering them?

2. Could anybody recommend me a good walkthrough or general strategy guide? (nothing too deep, I'm not pretending I'm in the military. I just enjoy shooting dudes in the face with a bit more intelligence than is required in most other games).

3. I'm doing the campaign mission Razor Two and before I went looking for Lopotev and such I went to Vyshnoye, after being told I should check it out. I went there, spoke to most of the villagers and couldn't find anything. The guy next to the water pipe told me about Malek's farm to the south, but I went there and found nothing. I figured there would be something here if I was told to scout it out, but I can't find a single thing. Is there something I'm missing? I also checked out the weird castle to the south of the village but found nothing there either, 'cept for an enemy machinegunner and sniper.

Anyways, apologies for ranting on.

Help would be much appreciated! :)

Edited by Meltbrain

1. The corpsman is your ultimate healer in the field, he can also take care of slighter wounded soldiers. Other squadmembers can just do the basic healing, as long as they have a first aid package. All members of Razor Two are able to do the first aid, although Mr. O'Hara is the corpman to take care of all kind of wounds. If one of your squadmates has been shot down, you can either call for the corpsman or switch to him via the "t" key and try to help your teammate by dragging him into safty or giving him directly first aid.

2. For start, these pages can be helpful http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/

3. You got the right clue already, but sometimes it can be hard to find evidence. Just be sure to talk to everyone and to keep looking around all the places and talk to everyone who might have some informations.

1. The corpsman is your ultimate healer in the field, he can also take care of slighter wounded soldiers. Other squadmembers can just do the basic healing, as long as they have a first aid package. All members of Razor Two are able to do the first aid, although Mr. O'Hara is the corpman to take care of all kind of wounds. If one of your squadmates has been shot down, you can either call for the corpsman or switch to him via the "t" key and try to help your teammate by dragging him into safty or giving him directly first aid.

2. For start, these pages can be helpful http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/

3. You got the right clue already, but sometimes it can be hard to find evidence. Just be sure to talk to everyone and to keep looking around all the places and talk to everyone who might have some informations.

Ah thankyou kindly, sir. I did notice that when Coops heals teammates they only regain a slight bit of health, usually retaining the red colour on their icon if they are badly wounded, whereas the Corpsman seems to restore them to full health?

I'll definitely check that guide out. As for that mission, I still can't find out anything from the people. I'll try again later on, though. :confused:

Did you talk to the commander at the HQ in Elektrovastok (I hope the spelling is right) aswell? He has some clues too!

Anyway, there are alot of spoilers for your actual (first recon) mission in this forum, look a bit around. :)

After you talk to the NPC by the well in Vyschnoy, head a little way south to the farm. The NPC you need to speak with is called Marek, i believe, and he stands outside the barn (which is to the left of the house if you approach the farm from the road).

After you talk to the NPC by the well in Vyschnoy, head a little way south to the farm. The NPC you need to speak with is called Marek, i believe, and he stands outside the barn (which is to the left of the house if you approach the farm from the road).

Oh man, is he the older dude with the straw hat on? I did see an old guy there but it gave me no option to talk to him.

I think I might have figured out what happened. My guys opened fire on some chedaki in the distance and I think because of that some of the locals now won't talk to me? If that's the case that kinda stinks, but I'll get there in the end.

Would you talk to crazy marines who started a shooting near you? Anyway, if you get him to talk another time, you'll get the reason why he didn't wanted to talk to you before. Play nice with Malek "the farmer"! :f: