Sign in to follow this  
Usmc_Vandam

Input out of range error?...

Wuts up everyone, just downloaded the demo to try it out on my newly built pc. The problem that I am having is that when the game loads..my monitor seems to get set to a non compatible resolution...anyways the error my monitor gives me is "input out of range"... i've tried to fix it by adding +szx/+szy to change resolution..but no effect. I hear the music in the background playing but my screen is black :(

I hope someone can help!

PC:

Pheonom 940 denab

4 gigs ocx reaper

ati 4870 1gig

22" hanns-g hi221

I've already installed the newest drivers, pc runs crysis and a bunch of other games on max..i dont understand.

I am not sure this will work, but worth a try.

By default the refresh rate is set to 75Hz in the ARMA2 config file. Try changing it to 60 and see what happens.

Search engine is meant to be used, this trouble is very common.

The simpliest way is to launch the game in window mod (-window at the end of the shortcut target), then chose the good resolution / refresh rate in the video settings.

i've been searching since last night and have been unable to find a cure, which is why i posted it here. I've tried running it in -w but it still decides to run in full screen.

Search engine is meant to be used, this trouble is very common.

The simpliest way is to launch the game in window mod (-window at the end of the shortcut target), then chose the good resolution / refresh rate in the video settings.

I did not realize refresh rate was an option in-game, but if you say so it must be true.

The location of the config file will depend on if you are running XP or Vista. In XP I believe it is in

c:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Documents\Arma2 Demo\

and vista it is in

c:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Arma2 Demo

I am not %100 sure as I am going by memory. Feel free to lynch me if incorrect.

My apologies prof. i tried -window instead of just -w and it loaded. Theres no setting to change the refresh rate to 60hz? my monitor will only run in 60hz..and even if i set everything to low, it still wont load in full screen because of the refresh rate..?

My apologies prof. i tried -window instead of just -w and it loaded. Theres no setting to change the refresh rate to 60hz? my monitor will only run in 60hz..and even if i set everything to low, it still wont load in full screen because of the refresh rate..?

It is my guess that the refresh rate is the reason.

I found the cfg file...this is my first pc in vista and its getting annoying. How can i edit the cfg file and save it so that the demo will load off of it?

I found the cfg file...this is my first pc in vista and its getting annoying. How can i edit the cfg file and save it so that the demo will load off of it?

You should be able to right click the file name, then select "Open With...". Choose Notepad from the resulting dialog to open the file for editing.

After making changes, simply save it using the option from the File menu of Notepad.

My turn to apologize. refresh rate cant be accessed through video options ingame. Only in cfg.

Hey same problem here. I looked at my CFG file and all I got was this

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=48387;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

What do i change?