Sign in to follow this  
Adger

Ingame / Multiplayer settings explained?

I searched for a while but did not find anything useful, neither here nor in the wiki or the manual nor elsewhere. I am looking for a brief description of the game's settings. I am especially after explanaitons of the settings availible under Options -> Gameoptions -> Difficulty -> Modify (Optionen -> Spieloptionen -> Schwierigk. -> Bearbeiten)

The manual is missing almost every detail about those: Ie. what is "Super KI" and what does it do? Which settings adjusted will have an impact on a game already running and which need to be set prior to launching a map? Which settings will influence hosted games and in what way? And so on.

The settings I mentioned are only examples. I am interested in a brief description of them all.

If there is a manual / website / thread or whatever please point me there.

Thank you very much.

For single player, each difficulty level can be tweeked to the player's own liking. It just allows you to define what little helpful bits you want (or don't want) for each setting or how "laser accurate and alert" you want the AI (that works both ways, btw....friendly and foe).

These changes only effect online if you host or control the dedicated server. The game is actually installed on the server. The default user profile on the actual server dictates how the server handles difficulty settings (and those settings are then passed to the players).

So if the host altered the "recruit" difficulty settings (via the default profile on the server) to give no helpful tidbits and use "Super AI" then that's how everyone that joins a game played under the "recruit" settings would see things.

At least that's how it was explained to me (I leave the defaults alone on my squad's server). You might ask in the multiplayer forum and get a better answer.

Edited by Thirdup

Thanks for the nice "vague estimaton", but I am looking for precise info.

[edit]

Oh, and at least regarding the AI-skill ("These changes only effect online if you host or control the dedicated server.") your info is wrong as I found out by trying myself when hosting a game on my machine and playing on the same engine, not running the dedicated server.

Edited by Adger