Sign in to follow this  
ta.maximus

Way to limit framerate?

A common technique to capture smooth videos using FRAPS is to limit a game's maximum allowed framerate. This makes for crappy gameplay but allows you to setup the capturing in such a way that FRAP never misses a frame, resulting in extremely smooth videos. This is especially helpful if you don't have a fast RAID array or SSD harddrive.

As the title says, is there a way one can limit the framerate in Arma II?

V-Sync = On, Refresh Rate = Desired Frame Rate Cap. Just a guess but may work i.e. edit ArmA2.CFG refresh rate to "15" should give you reliable fps as this is the normal rate for this game.

Thanks Thr0tt, I'm just wondering whether it's going to try and force your screen to run on that refresh rate?

Kegety made a library that would limit your framerate for ArmA 2 and posted it here recently. Don't ask me to find the post but you could maybe check his site.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Uh, found the post.

Shees, you guys are on the ball today! Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it. :)

Hi datter, thanks for that, it looks very promising. I will give it a go tonight.