Sign in to follow this  
aymnahmd

Armed Assault II very slow on nVidia GeForce 7100 (although using SLI)

Hi,

I just bought Armed Assault II original DVDs and tried it.

It's extremely slow , :mad: , less than 1 frame per Second !!!!!!!!!

I have read the thread about nVidia users , Tried all the solutions there but no use !

No physix is available for my card.

My specs. :

-Windows XP SP3 professional Up to date.

35n822o.jpg

-All drivers are up to date

xelc0z.jpg

- Nvidia driver 7100 upto date according to the official site :

1zqa9he.jpg

-2 GB RAM

-512 MB Video Memory

- 3 GHZ Intel processor

I have switched off the Runtime-scanning feature Antivirus (GData) before running the application , and the same result.

Note :

I have updated it to v 1.02 .

Please Help Me guys , I can't enjoy my vacation !

Edited by aymnahmd

Upgrade your graphics card asap .

I'm surprised you get video with it . The minimum gpu is an 7800 which is 7 steps above your card .

Check this out

Minimal PC System Requirements

* Dual Core CPU (Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, Intel Core 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster)

* 1 GB RAM

* GPU (Nvidia Geforce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM

* Windows XP

* DVD (Dual Layer compatible), 10 GB free HDD space

I cant read his post! Can someone repeat it please? The font is just too small!

Also, your PC is far too slow, even with a new videocard.

I cant read his post! Can someone repeat it please? The font is just too small!

Also, your PC is far too slow, even with a new videocard.

simply press (cntrl + "+") to increase the font of your browser !

or copy the text and put it in Microsoft office !

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Do u think it's a hardware problem ?

I didn't think about this as I had bought my computer only 2 monthes ago and i didn't think it may be slow.

Anyway , I will get ArmA 1 from a friend and try it

Wait for me .

c u later

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Do u think it's a hardware problem ?

I didn't think about this as I had bought my computer only 2 monthes ago and i didn't think it may be slow.

Anyway , I will get ArmA 1 from a friend and try it

Wait for me .

c u later

Your video card is far below minimum specs. No way in hell ArmA 2 is going to run well. The rest of your PC is still far below what I'd think you would need to get ArmA 2 to run decently. In fact, I'd be surprised if you could run many games made this year well, and ArmA 2 is much more intensive than most.

Edited by LT. Razgriz
Adding

Hello,

As others have stated, your graphics card is below the minimum spec required for this game. I am only just above it with a 7900GS and I manage to get an average of 20 FPS which is playable on my system and I actually really enjoy it.

Although my 7900GS does the job (just about), I would recommend going for something much higher if you can to at least get above the average 20 fps mark. If it makes any difference, I'm playing on a resolution of 1024x768 on a 17" monitor (which has a native resultion of 1280x1024), all looks fine this end and helps keep the frames to an acceptable level.

James

the 7100 card really does suck, its only for an office environment and defo not for gaming, im actually surprised you are quoting 512mb on that card.

when choosing a new card dont just think because it has lots off memory that its going to be any good!

there are other factors too:

ie nvidia cards, usually 4 numbers, your card 7100

first number, 7 being the series of the chip and the next is 1, think of that number as a ranking of 1-9, one being crap and 9 being out of this world, the two zeros at the end can be disregarded.

you should be able to pick up a good card for less than £100 now, I would recommend a 8800gt or 9600 or 9800, if you are on a budget.