Sign in to follow this  
santafee

3D Editor/How much can you use?

Hey,im just tested the 3d Editor and i know its not completled and "official released" now.Just want to know if u allready can use a bit of it.I cant choose any Units or players in 2d and 3d if i did the Alt-E Trick,is there a way?

Buidlings and stuff is placeble..Thx for help

Yes you can use it a bit, the functionality is a little bit limited in terms of actually getting stuff out of the editor and into the mission, but check out these threads for info on the editor's capabilities and how to place units etc...

Here and here. That should get you started. Placing a unit in the 3d editor requires placing a 'center' entity and then a 'group' entity first, and then you can place units as part of that group. For more, check out the links.

Yes you can use it a bit, the functionality is a little bit limited in terms of actually getting stuff out of the editor and into the mission, but check out these threads for info on the editor's capabilities and how to place units etc...

Here and here. That should get you started. Placing a unit in the 3d editor requires placing a 'center' entity and then a 'group' entity first, and then you can place units as part of that group. For more, check out the links.

Yeah those things rock! We need that thread over in this section. Great discussion going on...(moderators. ;))

Thx for the link!

The 3d Editor really gives u allready much more options do design,hope its gettin worked out!

I really hope it gets even a compatibility fix for the 2D editor. Being able to set up all of your basic stuff in the 2D editor, and then swapping over to the 3D editor to precisely add in units and objects would be sweet.