Sign in to follow this  
Adam2kl4u

Wont work at all.

OK, updated MB Bios, drivers, downloaded the 2.6Gig demo, it does the same 8 ticks then its dead... WTF! :mad:

Damn, what a bummer.

Just to let you know that its normal for there to be only 8 boxes ticked before screen goes black.

Some people had problems like this that were fixed by updating DVD drivers/firmware.

Good luck mate, hope you get it going...

Thanks Ed.

Well I re-flashed my DVD drive firmware, no luck. The only thing left to try is Windows 7. I am unwilling to loose my XP just yet, so I am looking into installing a dual boot.

One thing I have noticed is that the "Play" button does not become active with the CD Autorun menu, even after an install... does this indicate a securom error?

Any other suggestions will be warmly welcomed in the meantime guys. :cool:

Try running regedit then goto HKLM->Software->Bohemia Interactive Studio->Arma 2, and make sure the "Main" key points to where you installed Arma 2.

OK, checked the reg key, it points to the correct location... thanks for the info though.

Silly question but is their no way I can use my game key with the steam version, I have lots of Steam games and I have no problems with them... I would like to try a version that does not rely so much on a DVDROM DRM?

Unfortunately no as they use different key systems.

Best bet would be to try a different OS if you have partitioned Room (Win 7 while it's free) so that'll at least help you narrow down the problem. If Win 7 doesn't work then the likely issue is either the DvD or your DvD drive. Could try another persons DvD drive to see if it works then and if so then return the game under fault warrenty.

OK, I'll try another DVD drive 1st, then I'll clear one of my existing partitions and allow Windows 7 to take it over.

SOLVED!

XBOX 360 usb gamepad driver for Windows, installed a "Virtual Hid Device" in "Human Interface Devices", this caused direct input initialisation errors when the pad was not plugged into. Uninstalling the gamepad drivers did not seem to remove this from the device manager, I had to manually disable it, this allowed Arma to load... phew, 2 weeks after the game I can now have a go! :yay: