Sign in to follow this  
markbond

where are all the people

Is it just me or is the entire place almost completely deserted. I seam to do loads of sub missions only to see the odd local here or there. Most villages are empty. Hardly ever get to see any enemies. Each time I get a new misison I now wonder if I will find anything there. Most of the time I get a message saying change of plan, the person has gone, a bomb goes off killing the person I was supposed to kill before i get there etc etc. This is getting rather dull. Am I missing something here?

to be honest i rather them not have any civies otherwise itll just cause more lag :p... but to be honest if there notified the civies when the war started im sure that they would of been evacuated.

Markbond I believe this is a game that follows a really crappy war which only involvs razor squad and a handful of enemy conscripts. Nobody lives in the country either :D

And if there are additional friendlies in pick-ups they seem to mindlessly speed around bumping into things, walls, vehicles and people and are a pain. Better than NPC not present and that all friendly squads are under your control. Odd the way friendly trucks will arrive and wander around aimlessly.

That poor path finding where vehicles take wrong path and bump into walls was in ARMA I and has not been fixed and is a very aggravating bug.

I agree, more people and civil traffic would slow down gameplay. Besides, about the AI, having more than one helicopter, even if they are under your command, they tend to collide in the air. Tanks, cars... anything you control messes up. That's why most of the time i stick to my team. Really this the most brainless AI i've ever seen in a game. Needs a lot of tweaking.