Sign in to follow this  
Nasder9

Carry a value from intro to mission and outro?

I wanted to randomize my gear in the mission, no problem there. But since I have an intro and outro for my mission. Randomizing my gear for each part may result in different gear on all the parts. Which ruins the immersion a bit when you see your team enter a helicopter carrying M16's in the intro, and then when the mission starts your entire team got a G36A's

Is there anyway I can randomize a value in the init of the intro and carry it through out the entire mission? So I can call upon it in the mission and the outros?

Hope u get some info on this. I've been playing with commands 'setvariable' but haven't got ik working yet. Seems not to function in .sqs files, only .sqf. Also I came accross 'getFSMVariable' which seems to work with a seperate file. http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/FSM That could lead to your answer! Hopefully somebody with actual knowledge will reply to ur post. :j:

It seems based on the little reading I've done is that the FSM part is used to controll the AI to a degree. I haven't found anything usefull (it's all too advanced for my ability) that would help me use the FSM for what I want to do.

I tried setting a value in a script, trigger, I tried local and global but they all reset for each part, intro, mission and outros.

So if anyone hold information about this, please reply.

My only other sollution would be to integrate the intro into the "mission" itself rather than using the "intro" part.