Sign in to follow this  
Smuke

"No message recieved"

When I join the server, i get loads of lag, and the server just kicks me saying no message recieved?

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

It must be something to do with the internet.

Nah, hoping for a response soon!

Hello,

I've just recently purchased ArmA2, and ive been playing all other games recently with everything working fine...arma2, "no message recieved" lasts for around a minute then i get kicked.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Hardly anyone else has this?

The netcode still needs to be tweaked, but also depends on the server end (they have to configure the dedicated server correctly). Best bet is to join only servers with a ping under 100 and try different servers til you find one that runs well for you.

Another thing to try is to make sure you're not on a wireless network.

Vista/Windows 7 have something called the zero configuration utility which runs all the wireless stuff. It has something built into it which searchs for new networks (even if you tell it not to) every 30-60 seconds which causes a lag spike in game, and if you're already lagging then it's likely to Disconnect you.

It means your computer has lost contact with the server. The cause could be many. It could be due to your side of the connection (slow internet, using utorrent and such), it could be due to the server crashing or running slow (or a mixture of both), and some claim the net coding in arma 2 is at fault. I find that arma 2 could have better net coding, but not at fault for as much as people like to think. With a 10 meg cable and a location in central USA, most servers give me less than 100 ping and a stable connection. Where you live might be an issue as well; I remember an Australian having serious ping issues.

Hello,

I've just recently purchased ArmA2, and ive been playing all other games recently with everything working fine...arma2, "no message recieved" lasts for around a minute then i get kicked.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Hardly anyone else has this?

Go to the "Troubleshooting page", you will find lots of answers on this topic

Thanks for that, ill look into it.

Where you live might be an issue as well; I remember an Australian having serious ping issues.

That's probably me with my 700 ping spikes when playing on the TG server....

Well for me it is not the internet connection, because I have a ping of 15 to the server, it even occurrs on my LAN, so it has to be something to do with bad netcode, but also conflicting with something in my computer...

I've pretty much ruled it out being an internet connection thing.

I think I've figured it!!!!!

I recall a similiar bug in bf2, where if you tried to connect to a server, it would mess up.

I set core affinity to core0 only, and it seems to have rid me of this desync 'no message recieved' bug!!! :D