Sign in to follow this  
Sabre10

Error Direct3D 9

Guys, I'm sick of ERROR CREATING DIRECT3D 9 GRAPHICAL ENGINE.

This error occurs spontaneously, usually after I exit the game and then want to rejoin.

Any idea? I'm on WinXP Sp3, nVidia 9800X+, recent driver, nothing special. Can't figure out any reason, sometimes it starts, sometimes it does not.

Thanks,

Sabrefly.

Guys, I'm sick of ERROR CREATING DIRECT3D 9 GRAPHICAL ENGINE.

This error occurs spontaneously, usually after I exit the game and then want to rejoin.

Any idea? I'm on WinXP Sp3, nVidia 9800X+, recent driver, nothing special. Can't figure out any reason, sometimes it starts, sometimes it does not.

Thanks,

Sabrefly.

Update Directx

http://download.softpedia.com/dl/37a0089608bc7ac41967ad8641250139/4a5e609b/100003545/software/os_enhance/directx_mar2009_redist.exe

I found this else were, but i went through it ALOT with the Demo and it didnt help for long.

I was able to play the full game though as soon as i installed the new patch i get it again. I thought the patch was supposed to fix problems. Im unistalling and re-installing.. damn this is a long install.

reinstall drivers and directx9 (new version) - then patch your nvidia drivers with the ArmA2 SLI support patch here: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nvidia_sli_profile_patch_uk.html

Was that so hard?

from http://forums.bistudio.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1355566

Or

I could not believe it!!!!!!!!

It runs, it go´s it go´s :yay::yay::yay::bounce3:

Things i have done:

1: Reinstalled SP"

2: Cleaned Nvidia Driver with Driver Cleaner Pro

3: Used a special uninstaller Tool to really remove everything from the Arma2 installation

4: installed the DirectX Version from the Arma2 DVD

5:Installed the 182.08 Driver from Nvidia

6:Reinstalled Arma2 and the patch (And i never ever touched the PC in anyway during the Installation :D)

7: Happy about the finally runnig Arma 2 game.....

God, what a mess.....

Never touch a running System.....

Thx for help this far guys.....

from here http://forums.bistudio.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1303924

Edited by y2khippy

I'm not on SLI, I got the newer DirectX of March and 182 series of nVidia driver. The error is quite random but regular.

Thanks,

Sabre10.

The Important part is to Boot up in safe mode, Uninstall all Nvidia Drivers...

Use somthing like Driver Cleaner Pro to make sure those drivers are fully gone after a reboot back into safe mode. Then reboot again into Normal mode and install your Nvidia drivers, reboot, DirectX from the DVD or Game directory if its a steam version, reboot and then it should work.

But in some ways its just like comunisem, it doesnt always work in practice.

Which Card are you useing, and which of the 182 drivers? there is apparently two at the moment. The link BarBarosso is not going to help you as you have the latest version of DirectX on the CD. And that it seems to be a junk programe.

The Important part is to Boot up in safe mode, Uninstall all Nvidia Drivers...

Use somthing like Driver Cleaner Pro to make sure those drivers are fully gone after a reboot back into safe mode. Then reboot again into Normal mode and install your Nvidia drivers, reboot, DirectX from the DVD or Game directory if its a steam version, reboot and then it should work.

But in some ways its just like comunisem, it doesnt always work in practice.

Which Card are you useing, and which of the 182 drivers? there is apparently two at the moment. The link BarBarosso is not going to help you as you have the latest version of DirectX on the CD. And that it seems to be a junk programe.

I've always cleaned previous drivers in Safe mode with Driver Sweeper and installed newer as per nVidia recommendations.

My current drivers 182.50, and I have a reson to keep them. If anyone reports that 182.50 is the culprit, I'll take the trouble of updating it.

Thanks for your attention to it.

Sabre.

PS: Forgot to mention I have the latest ArmA2 update 1.02 and DVD.

Edited by Sabre10

its helped me with the demo, the reinstalling of drivers and the its what i will be doing soon to hopfully have it running with the patch. I have other problems though as i use a tripplehead2go set up and it takes several more steps in the process.

Good luck

I found suggestions to use SLI option. Is there anything special? I don't use/have SLI.

Thanks,

Sabre.

Which card are you actually useing?

It's GF9800GTX+.

Sabre.

fein memory its not a SLI card... Some of the cards comming out are SLI already on the card itself so two of them is really 4.. I'd try the SLI option second, try the drivers re-install and see if that helps first.

Also read the Release hightlights first line from that SLI Bata Patch

"This version of the NVIDIA SLI profile patch should be used with v186.18 display driver. It adds support for the following PC games:"

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

I just tryed installed the SLI driver.. It doesnt do a thing for the Directx 9 Engine Error. Though if i can get my game running it may have it run better...

fein memory its not a SLI card... Some of the cards comming out are SLI already on the card itself so two of them is really 4

It's not the case with my card. It's a single-core GPU. I've roamed through the recent posts on the boards and the Error occurs both on SLI and non-SLI configs. So it's not the cause.

Thanks,

Sabre.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Here's my ArmA2 config:

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=-4194304;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1440;

Resolution_H=900;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1440;

Render_H=900;

FSAA=3;

postFX=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=511528449;

nonlocalVRAM=258998271;

Have no idea of the localVRAM and 3D_Performance meaning and influence. Pls anyone to comment on the above?

Thanks,

Sabre.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

It's crazy, I just rebooted and launched the game. It ran. I didn't enter 3D, just visited settings, didnt change there ANYTHING, backed out from the game. Then I'm launching again now and it gives me the DX 9 Engine Error. I guess we'll be waiting for the next UPDATE.

Thanks,

Sabre.

Hay Sabre

Sorry I couldnt help, I just went through the process of uninstalling and reinstalling all of the Nvidia drivers. After about 10 reboots to finnish the process mines up and working again.

I hope when there is finally a solid solution for this problem they will Sticky it up for everyone as it seems to be fairly common.

Hay Sabre

Sorry I couldnt help, I just went through the process of uninstalling and reinstalling all of the Nvidia drivers. After about 10 reboots to finnish the process mines up and working again.

I hope when there is finally a solid solution for this problem they will Sticky it up for everyone as it seems to be fairly common.

I appreciate your time and help, y2hippy.

Thanks,

Sabre.