Sign in to follow this  
DeclaredEvol

Very bad issue... its very important.

Ok, well. I bought the game digitaly through Direct2Disk or whatever. Its all installed and patched up. Well, now I'm having random timed bug issues. What happens is, my screen starts getting weird like images and all the text turns blocky. As i noticed... some textures i would expect to be applied to buildings and some textures applied to the grass are in these humongous images. After the bug happens, i try going directly to task manager or desktop. But not only the game freezes up, the computer does too. My computer is Healthy. And there should be no problem as of to my game. Its possible the download i got from the website is corrupt, or its just a common bug. However, i asked my friend Zeke... and he said no such thing has happened.

But anyways, i will give you guys a picture after i tell you my system specs.

System Specs:

Nvidia 9800GTX+, Dual Core processors, 4 gigs of memory, i have two hard drives... one with 178 GB free... and the other one with 67.1 GB free... however i installed the game to the 178 GB free instead. [i don't know how my screen is getting raped by little textures and bumpmaps]

Pictures:

My menu getting raped...

img1893m.jpg

Edited by DeclaredEvol

aaah! resize alert!

seriously mate change that to a clickable thumbnail or a mod will yellow-card you for that, no images over 100kb

aaah! resize alert!

seriously mate change that to a clickable thumbnail or a mod will yellow-card you for that, no images over 100kb

I resized it... idk if this is good neither.

Edited by DeclaredEvol

ahhh that is the normal arma1 bug seen it many times before

start up arma 2 edit your shortcut to look like this "c:\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -window

run the game in window mode then it will go away.. it took the devoplopers and nvidia like 1 year from the day the game was launched until this bug was fixed and i was able to play in full screen mode... Its a graphic driver issue.

Also try disabling SLI if you use that it will also help arma dont really take much advantage of sli becourse of the rather o-day game engine its really more important with a fast cpu in arma.

* Also since this is a video card driver issue try different video drivers and read on forum about your video card and what driver version that people recommend....

ahhh that is the normal arma1 bug seen it many times before

start up arma 2 edit your shortcut to look like this "c:\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -window

run the game in window mode then it will go away.. it took the devoplopers and nvidia like 1 year from the day the game was launched until this bug was fixed and i was able to play in full screen mode... Its a graphic driver issue.

Also try disabling SLI if you use that it will also help arma dont really take much advantage of sli becourse of the rather o-day game engine its really more important with a fast cpu in arma.

* Also since this is a video card driver issue try different video drivers and read on forum about your video card and what driver version that people recommend....

Well, this weird screen happens even while playing.. its not only the menu. Plus it happens at random times... are you sure the -window command could work?

Well why won't you just try it allready?

ok lol i will... but anyways... im just saying. Playing arma2 in a windowed mode isn't half as fun lol

Is your PC overclocked? heat issue? re install the video card drivers, but before re installing, once you remove the old driver, use a clean sweap application to permanently remove the old nvidia drivers, this helps in corruption that you have shown.

You can try http://downloads.guru3d.com/nVidia---Nasty-File-Remover-download-582.html

I had this problem after messing with the 3D resolution too much (changing it back and forth for ages, looking for FPS changes), after checking temperatures it definately wasn't a heating problem, plus I always run everything at stock so that rules out an overclock, just a really weird mixture of settings that somehow killed it.

After deleting the config file everything was repaired and I haven't been able to replicate the problem ever since, no matter how much I screw with it.

I had this problem after messing with the 3D resolution too much (changing it back and forth for ages, looking for FPS changes), after checking temperatures it definately wasn't a heating problem, plus I always run everything at stock so that rules out an overclock, just a really weird mixture of settings that somehow killed it.

After deleting the config file everything was repaired and I haven't been able to replicate the problem ever since, no matter how much I screw with it.

I had to disallow PhysX Accelleration from Nvidia... and i also installed the nvidia update that contains the ArmA2 fix. My graphics are actually completely maxed out... and not an issue what so ever. So really, the biggest problem was that i had not done the NVidia 9800GTX+ fix for ArmA2. Thanks for your suggestions guys... your a good community.