Sign in to follow this  
Matt23

Lack of mod flexability in multiplayer is rediculous

I can't even join servers with one simple sound mod, vop sound is not even signed on a server. I remember arma 1 where you were able to play multiplayer with any mod under the roof.

All it takes is to upload a key to your server and you can't do that, why?

I can't even play with a simple sound mod. It sucks when you have to play with those crappy default sounds.

It's to avoid cheats :-)

I'm not to sure on the current state of sign tools etc, but later on you'll be able to download signed addons, the server then has a key installed to check your signed addons. This way a server admin can be assured you are not using cheat addons.

I agree with OP though, server admins should install the most needed keys on their server.

VopSound has a key, Wiper english mod for german version has it too. That's the 2 main I see getting kicked players in servers missing these keys

sound mods are not "needed", however I believe Vop 2.1 is signed.

sound mods are not "needed", however I believe Vop 2.1 is signed.

I wouldn't last a month on this game if it weren't for the mods. I'm sure a lot of other people would also loose interest if they cannot use mods in multiplayer. The game is very bland without them.

It is hardly bland, but I won't argue that most of the stock audio is garbage.

I wouldn't last a month on this game if it weren't for the mods. I'm sure a lot of other people would also loose interest if they cannot use mods in multiplayer. The game is very bland without them.

And people would last even less long with servers full of insta-spawning cheaters...

Arma1 had a pretty bad rundown on this, basically signatures killed off the cheaters.

You'll find plenty a server running lists of checked mods soon. Some will even provide tools to synchronize the addons to your game (which is what my tool does).

By the way the "lack of mod flexibility" you talk of is an OPTION, server admins can turn it off whenever they want to, but they know they then get cheatraped so generally they won't turn it off.

Edited by Yoma