Sign in to follow this  
mynameisme

Arma 2 unit retexturing

I hope this is the right place to ask:

I looked in search but the other thread was relating to arma 1 units and the handy tools dont seem to work.

Ive retextured the HU-1Y using the file "uh1y_ext_co" but i cant for the life of me get it into the game, ive just extracted the uh1y section of the air2 But when i repackage the air2 pbo and replace it i get an error relating to miXX(i forget now)

Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by mynameisme

I hope this is the right place to ask:

I looked in search but the other thread was relating to arma 1 units and the handy tools dont seem to work.

Ive retextured the HU-1Y using the file "uh1y_ext_co" but i cant for the life of me get it into the game, ive just extracted the uh1y section of the air2 But when i repackage the air2 pbo and replace it i get an error relating to miXX(i forget now)

Any help is much appreciated.

I do hope you made a backup of the original Air2.pbo file.

Look around (search button) on the forums a bit for some basic information about retexturing vehicles.

i sure did , and ive sorted it now, i wasnt re.. pbo'ing the correct bit, but thanks anyway, next task is to make it a new unit in the list, but im sure il find something. just a piccy, first repaint,its a fictional scheme:

heli2.jpg

And an olive grey green combo mix.

arma22009-07-1419-46-54-06.jpg

(Something dosent look right but i cant put my finger on what it is)

Edited by mynameisme

British Venom

heliwithrotor.jpg

britheli.jpg

(Wip in hindsight i should of just gone in the what your working on thread.)

Edited by mynameisme

Check: ARMA2 Texturing Tip posted JasonO

A very good and complete tutorial on how RETEX are done in A2 now.

Thanks, but unfortunatly the UH-1Y hasnt got the hidden selection, but, ive gone into a hex editor and edited the UH-1Y model file and pointed it to my textures (BRITUH1Y\Text\BRIT_ext_co.paa) ect keeping it the same length as the original etc etc, and in the config ive changed the model to mine now called "britUH-1Y.p3d" ,, and made it a new object in the editor, but still it appears as the original texture. heh im too far along to give up now :rolleyes:

if the pbo is called BRITUH1YCAMO and textures are in "Text" then the path should be called BRITUH1YCAMO/Text/BRIT_ext_co.paa for example?

Edited by mynameisme

Thanks, but unfortunatly the UH-1Y hasnt got the hidden selection, but, ive gone into a hex editor and edited the UH-1Y model file and pointed it to my textures (BRITUH1Y\Text\BRIT_ext_co.paa) ect keeping it the same length as the original etc etc, and in the config ive changed the model to mine now called "britUH-1Y.p3d" ,, and made it a new object in the editor, but still it appears as the original texture. heh im too far along to give up now :rolleyes:

if the pbo is called BRITUH1YCAMO and textures are in "Text" then the path should be called BRITUH1YCAMO/Text/BRIT_ext_co.paa for example?

If you renamed the p3d, you now have to change the path of the p3d in the config.bin (extract with unrap) and you will have a cpp, the editor class is there too...remember to binarize again at a final stage the cpp...

britheli.jpg

([/can the retextured aircraft be made in to a seporate addon? becuase i want to retexture the russain utility vehicels to look british and have a desert set...possibly change their faction setting to BAF so can then put them as an addon.