Sign in to follow this  
DreadFeign

VOIP Through Speakers - Help

I've been playing and enjoying ArmA 2 for a week now but have had a recurring issue with voice. The problem is simply that when people talk, it comes through my speakers (soundcard) and not my headset. I'm not sure how to make it so that voice comes through my headset while all other sounds come through my speakers (since there's no option for what device voice chat uses in game).

Help would be greatly appreciated!

It's certainly nothing new to games. There's always been SOME way to make voice come through headphones and other sounds through speakers...

Same problem for me. I normally play without headset, but if i whish to communicate with friends with skype or ts, i would like to have my sound over the headset. In other games, i simpy select which soundcard the game has to use (i got 2, 1 for speakers and 1 for headset). But in this game this is not possible (as far as i can see). Also tried to make my ''headset soundcard'' the standard soundcard and restarted the game. No results so far. Any of you know how to get the sound on the other soundcard?

Same problem for me. I normally play without headset, but if i whish to communicate with friends with skype or ts, i would like to have my sound over the headset.

Nah, for that you just set your speakers to the default output in Windows so the game will use that, and then set Skype or TS to use your headset. The problem is when you want to use the ingame chat, as there is no option to output it though a different device than the game sound. ET:QW is the only game I've played which has that option.