Sign in to follow this  
THEBLITZ6794

Manhatten (again)

i just arrested that girl informant from the church and after getting wasted in the chopper and humvee twice (lucky PK shot killed us because the chopper pilot had the chopper to the sides and noone was on the minigun...).

anyways, i wasted the attacking force this time (used humvee as a shield) but my damn pickup isnt here (i think a t72 got them, i dont know).

anyone else encounter this?

Sometimes the chopper who pick up antonia gets shot down when it comes to close to the tschedaki main base. Sometimes the pilot is drunken and crashes the chopper (into trees).

The only you can do is load a save short before this happens...

i accidently found the main base and a sentry camp there were across the road. it wouldve been a long shot but there may have been another camp in the forest on the near side, which probably shot the chopper down. meh.

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

btw, wut kind of chopper is it?

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

i just sent starforce 21 out and they were torn apart (after the 3rd circle they got shot down, maddox put her down nicely though so thats good.)

guess u have to clear that forest out. meh, i gotta restart now. :yay::yay::bounce3::bounce3:

An observation and question about this mission Manhattan.

The chopper that picks up the girl at pick up point does not get shot down if you have taken out the nearby enemy sentry camp in the woods (lower end of large scarlet ellipse on the map) There is another sentry camp at other end of this large crimson blob that will take out friendlies if you do not destroy it.

What is Starforce in this mission and how do you use it?

How do you get arty support in this mission?

What is boomerang in this mission and anyone use it successfully.

Edited by Scimitar67
double post

-Starforce 21 is Maddox' Helicopter

-To fire arty: first press spacebar, then go to communication, select arty, then go to your map, click on the map and a window will open, select the ordnance (i mostly use Fire for effect HE), Cooper will send a radio message and the arty will ask for a location, click on the map on the location where you want the arty to hit. Now sit back and wait (a while) for the arty to hit.

- Boomerang is your backup when you attack the insurgent main base (about ten marines and an LAV). when you approach the main base Battlemage will tell you to wait for boomerang and to not engage. After waiting a minute or 5 you will get a radio message from Boomerang. in order to let them attack you have to respond to them. You do this by pressing 0 (reply) then press 0 (radio) again and then press 1 (Boomerang). There you go the backup is on his way.

I never had this problem and played this part twice. Chopper always arrives unharmed, girl gets in task complete. Only distraction is some advancing snipers from the South.

You really need to just follow your orders down to the fine print. Yes its a sandbox game but just do one thing then the next. If one mission fails , dont worry and just go to the next task. Real life, a small group of soldiers only get one mission at a time. go get that intel, or go kill that guy , or go rescue that dude. Its never missions all at once like this. Some missions take a bit of time after completion aswell so just relax. I also recommend driving around in the Armoured Transport vehicle to your missions and not using your helicopter (unfortunately). I didnt even find the girl in MAnhatton she was shot dead going to her boyfriends house along the route of Krasnostav :):):))

But hey, failure of missions happen in real life too:) Just because you fail this mission does not meen you cant continue without her, just go to next task. YOUR MAIN OBJECTIVE IS the hospital, do that the whole mission is over. Regardless of church guy or side missions.

Secondly, Boomarang ONLY is there when you approach the enemy field hospital to kill or detain nikolai. They come to help with clearing the place up. They arrive in an APC that takes ages to get there, so be patient. But you can kill the nikolai guy and clean the whole place before they get there. However if you do, the Apc still drives around clearing the place up then EVENTUALLY you'll get a call from sgt.Whathisface and be told to go back to your F.O.B Manhatton base. Just relax after shooting him. while he wriggles on the ground. If you shoot him and the mission isnt ending it meens some bad guys are STILL alive , check the hospital tents, some guys hide under the bed bunks. The mission wont complete until area is secure.

THIS GAME SO REMINDS ME OF GHOST RECON Original edition in 2002. Did Bohemia make the original Ghost recon? Its so alike. I can tbelieve what they have done to Ghost recon these days and Rainbow 6.

Edited by nyran125