Sign in to follow this  
Pvt. Parts

Rain addon

i'm thinking of a addon that when you have it raining in a misson the roads sould be slippery and make the grass wet so it's hard to run and maybe rain hiting agaiest the window of the car? or maybe puddles?

Some better water effects in general might be nice but I'm not sure just how easy they would to impliment. In Delta Force 2 you could raise the water level on an entire map to create swampy areas but it was frequently hard to get the right combination of land and water in a map.

The rain effects in OFP are adequate but certainly could use some sprucing up if someone ever had the talent and time.

Hmm.. good idea, it might be added as a graphical feature in a future homemade BIS addon. I think you can always depend on a company like BIS to deliver the goods.. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pvt. Parts @ Mar. 14 2002,01:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Come on reply! sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think it took people a while to reply cos there were already Rain topics smile.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....&t=8446

The effects of rain in OFP are only visiual, I think. Slippery roads would be nice.

Visual coulda fooled me smile.gif i think they just want u to think its raining but that its actually tiny dust particles in the air vapour tounge.gif.

The rain effects suck. I could glue bits of paper on the screen and it would look more like rain.

Any more effects and your looking a lag, big time. It happens with the snow addon.

Yes but the normal ones look like crap so we could at least have a little better.