Sign in to follow this  
jepaul

Arma 2 Stopped Working - And other useful information

Just to be sure that everyone knows but there is a large portion of the community that is unable to play the game at all. These are mainly high end users who for the most part either dont' have a life, me, or have a high disposable income but on average are hardcore gamers who have been through their fair share of game releases and are knowledgable enough to work around release issues but for some reason CAN NOT PLAY THIS GAME AT ALL!! Do you think Bohemia knows this? I can't find anything within the forums where they acknowledge this?

Also, I was reading the paper today and found some interesting stats.

This is from the New York Times and is there daily book sales rankings.

Hardcover Fiction

Top 5 at a Glance

1. FINGER LICKIN’ FIFTEEN, by Janet Evanovich

2. THE DOOMSDAY KEY, by James Rollins

3. KNOCKOUT, by Catherine Coulter

4. HOW TO FUCK UP A PC GAME RELESAE, by Bohemia interactive

5. THE ANGEL’S GAME, by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Ill trade ya PC's. Mine runs ArmA II great! :)

It is clearly the Nvidia 295 and NOT more than 10% the fault of BIS.

I think you want to do a bit more complaining to Nvidia and get yer $$$ back.

Here are a few threads on the Nvidia forums where people are complaining about the 295 cards (I am sure there are more)

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=86783

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=100329

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=100425

More Links:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/260153-33-sucks

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126546

You may want to follow up with Nvidia on the 295 issues. It appears all you big spenders have been HAD.

My 100$ 8800gt performs FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better than your 500$ 295gtx :P (at least in ArmA II)

Here buy 5 of these instead

Biggest thing I have seen so far in my searches is the PSU needs to be HUGE. 1200W Huge I mean. how many watts is your PSU?

I mean if your doing a 500W PSU and trying to SLI ... SURPRISE! you will need some heavy rail power and perhaps step up to at least a 1K.

Edited by pchaxor

Also, I was reading the paper today and found some interesting stats. This is from the New York Times and is there daily book sales rankings.

Hardcover Fiction

Top 5 at a Glance

I can only give this a 3 out of 5 I'm afraid. You had the full 5 for snarky, sideways humour but lost a full two points for being unable to spell. I'm sorry. I'm also sorry about your game, I would suggest the following:

1) Stop whining, no one is going to want to help you.

2) Be patient, patches will come.

3) Be diligent, you may come across something here that will help.

4) Be proactive, and learn more about your particular computer so you might be able to help it run the game. Mine for instance, runs it perfectly fine. It wasn't so fine on my first attempt with ArmA2, but I've improved things a great deal. Maybe you can too.

Seriously.

PS - 8800GT here also for what it's worth, two of them in SLI in fact.

next time "Arma has stopped working" look on that error popup for a "details" popdown - pop it down - therein you will find the module that caused the error

Just to be sure that everyone knows but there is a large portion of the community that is unable to play the game at all. These are mainly high end users who for the most part either dont' have a life, me, or have a high disposable income but on average are hardcore gamers who have been through their fair share of game releases and are knowledgable enough to work around release issues but for some reason CAN NOT PLAY THIS GAME AT ALL!! Do you think Bohemia knows this? I can't find anything within the forums where they acknowledge this?

Also, I was reading the paper today and found some interesting stats.

This is from the New York Times and is there daily book sales rankings.

Hardcover Fiction

Top 5 at a Glance

Wow!! How many useless threads are you going to start?

(Just want to know so I can avoid them :rolleyes: )

Eth

Wow!! How many useless threads are you going to start?

(Just want to know so I can avoid them :rolleyes: )

Eth

I am at 4

And I have 9 alts

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

I can only give this a 3 out of 5 I'm afraid. You had the full 5 for snarky, sideways humour but lost a full two points for being unable to spell. I'm sorry. I'm also sorry about your game, I would suggest the following:

1) Stop whining, no one is going to want to help you.

2) Be patient, patches will come.

3) Be diligent, you may come across something here that will help.

4) Be proactive, and learn more about your particular computer so you might be able to help it run the game. Mine for instance, runs it perfectly fine. It wasn't so fine on my first attempt with ArmA2, but I've improved things a great deal. Maybe you can too.

Seriously.

PS - 8800GT here also for what it's worth, two of them in SLI in fact.

I would agree if the 295 had these errors on any other game out there at this point in time. If I'm nvidia I'm saying, "Our cards and drivers work on every other game out there and you seem to only have this issue with Arma 2."

This would all be much better if someone official would at least tell us 295 owners something. Anything. It doesn't matter what they say just that they are aware, which I'm sure they are, but I have seen nothing to make me thingk that.

You knew this was coming:

Closing duplicate thread.