Sign in to follow this  
vassock

City management

I'm playing Superpowers with me as OPFOR and one AI as BLUFOR. I capped some towns on my own with the starting guns. It can be easy if you're alone.

Sometimes I ran into motorized infantry, but two shots in the right places ended that. Anyway, I made it to Chakovka and captured the town, as well as the four bunkers. However, no friendly trucks went there and I cannot fast travel from that location! Why is this?

Also, how do I keep my towns from being captured by enemies? I am the only one at this town. I voted myself as commander, but all I see is the regular buy menu.

To capture a town, you have to capture the main big bunker in the center. I'd also recommend letting the AI command until you have a feel for what is happening. It does a decent job at doing diddly squat :P. Also, if the AI has taken even one small bunker in a town, you can't fast travel there anymore. It gets annoying trying to keep your squaddies in-line and all the bits and pieces of your squad running. There's many details that are either missing (UAV terminal, radar, working airfields, etc.), not explained (how do you order your AI squads to go capture something like the AI commander does? and why do all the ai squads get a billion dollars while you have 500?), or just broken (buying a unit from the town bunkers).

Many, many, many things that need fixing. Hopefully, someone will be able to make a superpowers-like mission with all the bells and whistles available plus some of the extras in crcti Warfare. Unfortunately, that isn't going to be me.

To capture a town, you have to capture the main big bunker in the center. I'd also recommend letting the AI command until you have a feel for what is happening. It does a decent job at doing diddly squat :P. Also, if the AI has taken even one small bunker in a town, you can't fast travel there anymore. It gets annoying trying to keep your squaddies in-line and all the bits and pieces of your squad running. There's many details that are either missing (UAV terminal, radar, working airfields, etc.), not explained (how do you order your AI squads to go capture something like the AI commander does? and why do all the ai squads get a billion dollars while you have 500?), or just broken (buying a unit from the town bunkers).

Many, many, many things that need fixing. Hopefully, someone will be able to make a superpowers-like mission with all the bells and whistles available plus some of the extras in crcti Warfare. Unfortunately, that isn't going to be me.

The four surrounding squares and the center big square are red (I'm OPFOR). So it should be capped, but I still can't fast travel.