Sign in to follow this  
elite3444

Need help with extraction

i have a mission where you are an osprey pilot and you take 2 squads to a town and they unload and go to destroy certain targets. I want to make it that whenever those targets are destroyed that a message (sideChat "message") pops up and all the BluFor i dropped off move to a certain waypoint (the Landing Zone) What do i need to do in trigger(s) or init.sqf to make this work?

Seems like they would have a waypoint of "get-in" synced to a trigger when all the enemy are dead. Once they kill everything it triggers the next waypoint.

I was gonna make a mission that showed this, but my moron AI won't stay in the Osprey. But callaway has the right idea, you should be able to do it all with waypoints synchronized with each other. Transporting non-grouped AI as a player however is giving me a headache however, so either I'm misunderstanding what you're wanting to do or I need more sleep.

i have a mission where you are an osprey pilot and you take 2 squads to a town and they unload and go to destroy certain targets. I want to make it that whenever those targets are destroyed that a message (sideChat "message") pops up and all the BluFor i dropped off move to a certain waypoint (the Landing Zone) What do i need to do in trigger(s) or init.sqf to make this work?

Just do a forum search in this area for the existing threads on this subject. There's plenty of example missions around here that provide some good examples to consider. And there's a thread that has some good posts which lay out a few good ways for extraction, etc. These help in getting a good basic understanding of how to incorporate different things into missions.

EDIT:

Check out the exampe missions at the bottom of the first post in this link below. The thread is in German but the example missions names are in English and there's a few extraction missions listed. I haven't seen these yet but they may help. If not, there are other links in threads that have more examples.

AMS Studio thread:

http://www.assaultmissionstudio.de/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=252

Edited by Manzilla

@zilla this is more of the roles being switch where im the helicopter and the infantry call me.

@callaway, im making it where they have to destroy a couple of buildings like a radio tower. I need it to once they destroy everything, a message pops up saying something like "This is Alpha, requesting extract at LZ Bravo" and they all move or have moved to the waypoint i have set. I then fly there and pick them up, fly back to base and game ends.

I got my AI to complete the mission you're describing perfectly. :) However, I as pilot seemed to screw things up.

@zilla this is more of the roles being switch where im the helicopter and the infantry call me.

Ah I see, my apologies. I don't know how to do that but I'm eager to find out. I'll see if I can figure it out but hopefully someone will post an example before that. :)

I finally got the mission I was working on to work as full AI, you as leader, you as member or even you as pilot (assuming you're a MUCH better Osprey pilot than I am...)

You can download the sample mission from my website.

Basically you start as pilot of an Osprey. Two SMAW Fireteams have already boarded your plane and are ready to head to Strelka to take out two disabled Tunguskas reported in the area.

You take off, fly over towards the town and land. This triggers the AI squads to disembark. Each head towards their own Destroy waypoints. When each of the targets is destroyed the current leader of the fireteam assigned to that target will report it destroyed. Meanwhile you are sent to a MOVE waypoint on the other side of the island where you'll orbit until the next stage of the operation.

Once their target is destroyed the AI squad will head towards the beach. Once both squads are in place at the beach they'll meet up and run to the extraction site slightly down the beach. The team leader for fire team 1 will call for extraction, and you'll respond. It's at this point that you, as the pilot, are told to stop holding station and come pick them up at your LOAD waypoint.

For some reason once you're in range the AI start some strange Benny Hill dance and start to follow you around till you land. Then they board and you're given a waypoint in the sea to the south. There's a trigger there that, if both objectives are complete, ends the mission.

It's all done with waypoints and synchronized waypoints. The call for extraction is actually an On Act for Fire Team 1's last MOVE waypoint. The call outs for the kills are separate triggers.

can u post the strings you put in triggers and how you synchronized waypoints?

Fire Team 1:

The leader's init has:

{_x moveInCargo osp1} forEach units group this; ft1 = group this;

This moves his group into the plane and creates a name "ft1" to refer to his group as. Same for Fire Team 2, except with "ft2". osp1 is the name of the Osprey.

Each squad has 4 Waypoints

1. GET OUT

2. DESTROY

3. MOVE

4. GET IN

The GET OUT waypoint is placed near the insertion point. The DESTROY waypoint is placed on the target vehicle. The MOVE waypoint is near the extraction point. The GET IN waypoint is at the extraction point.

Both squads have the same waypoints, just mirrors of each other. Ft1 heads to target 1 and Ft2 heads to target 2. The GET OUT waypoints are synchronized with the Ospreys TRANSPORT UNLOAD waypoint at the extraction site. This is so that the Osprey won't dust off till both squads are out of the plane. The two squad MOVE waypoints are synchronized with the Osprey's 3. MOVE waypoint. This is so that both squads move to the extraction point as a group, and the Osprey will continue to orbit the MOVE waypoint until both squads are ready to be picked up.

Ft1's MOVE waypoint has the following in it's OnAct:

leader ft1 sideChat "Alpha 1, this is Fire Team 1, requesting pickup at evac point, over?"; osp1 sideChat "Roger Fire Team 1, evac incoming, Alpha 1 out!";

This is so that the leader of the Fire Team will call for help, and the Osprey will respond. Ideally you'd do this with a trigger and a script, so you could have some pauses in it and if for some reason your Fire Team 1 is destroyed, it'll still happen.

The Osprey has the following waypoints:

1. MOVE

2. TRANSPORT UNLOAD

3. MOVE

4. LOAD

5. MOVE

The first MOVE is probably redundant, I was having trouble getting the AI to work right and think it's left over from that, it's near the insertion point. The TRANSPORT UNLOAD is at the insertion point. Also at the Insertion point is an "H (Invisible)" helicopter landing pad. It's named "drop 1". This is so the AI knows exactly where to land. After the troops disembark the 3. MOVE waypoint activates. This is just a random spot to the west really. Because it's synched with the MOVE waypoints of the squads, the AI will simply circle this waypoint until the other MOVE waypoints are completed. The only other noteable thing about this waypoint is that on it's OnAct is the following code:

deleteVehicle drop1;

This is to delete the invisible helipad they used for insertion. Even though we've placed another one at the evac point for some reason the AI kept flying to the insertion point H instead of the one they were supposed to. This resulted in the soldiers scrambling through town to get on the Osprey!

The Osprey will move to the LOAD waypoint (with it's pre-placed Helipad for landing) and pick up the fire teams.

The last MOVE waypoint is to the south over the water. Nothing special here, it'll never really reach it, since we put a End1 trigger before that to end the mission as they fly away.

There are 3 Triggers in the mission. The End Mission one with the following settings: BLUFOR, ONCE, PRESENT, TYPE = End1 and this as the Condition:

this && !alive targ1 && !alive targ2

That will check to make sure that BLUFOR is PRESENT (the 'this' part of the line, meaning 'does this trigger get set off) and are both targets dead. If so, end the mission.

The two 'kill callout' triggers are:

Condition:

!alive targ1 

and the OnAct:

leader ft1 sideChat "Tunguska 1 destroyed!";

No other settings needed. It just waits till targ1 is destroyed, then has the current acting leader of ft1 say it's been destroyed. You could probably do this as an EventHandler too, but that's a lesson for another day! :) The other trigger is identical, but with 2s, instead of 1s.

That's it really. :)