Sign in to follow this  
jepaul

(Arma Has Stopped Working) Any help appreciated

My system is as follow.

I7 960

8g ddr3 1600

vista 64

nvidia 295

I have tried all the tweaks listed here and at other places. I have tried the current drivers for the 295 as well as the current beta driver and the last two drivers before the current one.

I continue with out fail to get "Arma Has Stopped Working". It does not tell me more than than unfortunately.

I have searched these forums for a solution and found others with the same problem but no answers.

Is it true that lesser systems/shittier rigs actually run this game better than the high end stuff?

Any help on this guys from anyone?

The only solutions I ever see posted are, please upload your error files, that doesn't really sound like a solution to me and others have already upload with the same system specs and errors. So should I basically just be patient and come back in a few weeks?

Is it true that lesser systems/shittier rigs actually run this game better than the high end stuff?

No, same bugs regardless of OS/rigs. Its just shitty code although you'll get all sorts of unhelpfull comments trying to blame it on your rig - "Have you checked the third screw from the left fan on the upper half of your mobo etc etc etc".

What annoys me even more is that BIS seem to be doing FUCK ALL to help. They seem happy that we've all shelled out cash for ANOTHER game that DOENST WORK.

Its getting on my tits.

I presume you have both reported this in Microsoft error reports and also done so on the Arma 2 community issues trackers?

If the cause, and ultimatly the solutions are to be found then these reports are the only exact method that BIS are going to use to investigate.

I have the same issues and have done both of the above.

Other than that I think it is just a question of waiting, not ideal I'll admit, but that seems about the only option we have at the moment.

Edited by Jonney Napalm

So should I basically just be patient and come back in a few weeks?

You'll be waiting a while. Arma 1 was stille getting fixes done 2 years after release...

Yeah Jonny, crash reports forwarded to BIS. Sorry for the rant, just getas on my nerves.

Edited by stuart_1981

It isn't the only option.

At least in Arma 1 sure it was fucking glitchy but you could at least play it.

In our case we can't even play the game we paid for. THAT is unforgiveable.

For everyone out there that appaently know way more about computers than I do please fix my shit.

http://rapidshare.com/files/253530876/Arma_2_Errors.rar.html

For everyone out there that appaently know way more about computers than I do please fix my shit.

We'll get right on that.

Not at all saying it's your rigs, but since you have them right there, lets isolate the issue as much as possible as you wait for BIS/MS to address the issue.

Preamble:

-Remove all unnecessary background processes (Game Booster is a good app to help in this)

-Remove any mods/addons.

-Make sure all drivers are up to date.

-No virtual drives

-Confirm no device conflicts

The meat of the trouble shooting matter:

-Try ATI Tray tools,and see if it'll work on your Nvidia card (really don't know about that). Open up your Performance Monitor in the task manager to gather an info snapshot of the event happening.

-Please test across a few startups. Describe when/how it occurs. If it is random, or during an action, or at a specific time. If you can, use Arma II mark or some constant process mission so there are as few random elements as possible.

-Please post the .RPT and config file.

Might be able to ID it, minimize or fix it. Need more info to help though.

** Forgot this: any spare parts laying around? An old gfx card to swap out? A friends computer to try it on? You may say shitty code, but in the end the majority are playing this without these critical errors. May be picky code, but I still think you can get it to run in some manner to ID the issue. It is, after all, the same game we all are using. Hope it's something as simple as an out of range config setting.

Edited by Scrub