Sign in to follow this  
MBot

Waypoints on LHD Deck

I'm having problems to get multiple waypoints on the LHD deck to work. Units will only go to their first waypoint and then stop, although there are still more waypoints pending. Are there any special considerations to add more waypoints on the LHD deck?

LHD is basically a series of floating buildings, so I would avoid even using waypoints.

Unpack the missions.pbo in the ArmA2 directory and take a look at the first campaign mission. You will need to script it. Dig around and you may find what your looking for.

I know this post is ancient but just for completeness of information for people new to the game like me as searching brings you here (the 1st Arma2 mission has no movement):

You can get AI moving on the LHD deck with the use of triggers and markers.

eg:

man1 : AI

trg01: 2mX2m : Anyone : Present : Repeatedly : man1 in thisList : man 1 doMove mkr2

mkr1

trg02: 2mX2m : Anyone : Present : Repeatedly : man1 in thisList : man 1 doMove mkr1

mkr2

Put man1 and mkr1 in trg01

Put mkr2 in trg02

man1 will walk up and down the deck between the triggers, take care not to put them near the edge of the deck and other objects in the triggers stop them working - beware overhanging helicopter blades etc.