Sign in to follow this  
GunnDawg09

Requesting a bit of help.

Hey folks, was wondering if anyone is around that has access to a voice chat server such as ventrilo or team speak that would be willing to answer a few questions I have regarding this editor.

Its much quicker to shoot back and forth with voice comms rather than PM's and this board. If anyone has the time and is interested, it would be greatly appreciated.

Either PM me, or respond to this post if you are (kinda ironic eh? ;p)

Just post one thread with all your questions. That's what most people do. That way, you will probably get all the answers. If you speak to one person chances are they won't know everything.

Yeah normally I would do that, but being able to have someone talk you thru some of the harder stuff I have questions on, while I do it would be great.

Not only that, but god forbid I happen to ask a question that was already posted on here

Well, there is a search bar ;) Just try to put in words specific to your problem, and select the forum section it will most likely be in. For your end trigger question: Searching in "ArmA 2 - MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING" with the words "end", "mission" and "trigger"

That search yields this: http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=148639

9th Thread down: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77843&highlight=end+mission+trigger

Second post down

The end trigger can be set to OPFOR PRESENT, trigger repeatable, END #1, Countdown to 5 seconds in min, mid and max, and the condition set to:

this && !alive Tungust1 && !alive Tungst2 && !alive Tungst3 && !alive Tungst4

This should make the trigger only turn TRUE (and thus end the mission) if OPFOR enters the trigger area, and all targets are destroyed (the '&&' is the same as 'AND', which means all the above paremeters need to be fulfilled)

Edit: Also, try searching the ArmA editing forums for some of the simpler questions. There isn't much difference when it comes to the low level stuff, the editor works in the same way.

Edited by Uzii