Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Need some help with scripting commands!

Ok, civilian kills some resistance dudes. Americans are also on the map. However, I don't want ALL resistance blokes going after my dude. Instead, I only want the resistance blokes around the target that is to be eliminated to go after my dude.

Example:

Target 1 is called "obj_1". "guard" and "guard2" are around him. Once "obj_1" is dead, I want "guard" and "guard2" to go after me. BUT I do not want ANYONE else (any resistance or west unit) to shoot at me.

Also, the whole "Resistance friendly to West/East" thing, is that a global variable only, or can it be changed half-way through the missions?

Cheers in advance folks smile.gif

I am too lazy start up the editor right now, but I would try this:

cond: !(alive obj_1)

onactive: guard dotarget ap;guard2 dotarget ap

I guess 'dofire' would work too. I don't know. Haven't tried... confused.gif

The resistance friendly to ..... is global and no, you can't change that mid-game as far as I know.

Another solution might be that you reduce the 'assasins' rating.

onactiv: player addrating -10000

But then everyone on your side will hunt you down and try to kill you smile.gif.

Cheers for that.

The code, it goes into the init field of the trigger that checks if obj_1 is still alive, doesn't it? Or into the init field of the guards?

And how will this prevent the remaining Resistance dudes targetting you?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Mar. 12 2002,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another solution might be that you reduce the 'assasins' rating.

onactiv: player addrating -10000

But then everyone on your side will hunt you down and try to kill you smile.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

I have no idea why that rating is going to do that confused.gif What IS that rating?

And as for everyone hunting me down, that is exactly what I don't want!

I just want the people that "witness" the killing to hunt me down...and no one else!

I'll try to explain my first example a bit clearer smile.gif

make a trigger (no need for area-size)

on the condition-filed type this : not alive obj_1

This makes the trigger check if obj_1 is dead or not.

Then on the same trigger's on activation-field type this: guard dotarget ap;guard2 dotarget ap

This line should make those two units with the coresponding names attack unit called ap.

IMPORTANT! Remember to name the player-unit to AP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Mar. 12 2002,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll try to explain my first example a bit clearer smile.gif

make a trigger (no need for area-size)

on the condition-filed type this : not alive obj_1

This makes the trigger check if obj_1 is dead or not.

Then on the same trigger's on activation-field type this: guard dotarget ap;guard2 dotarget ap

This line should make those two units with the coresponding names attack unit called ap.

IMPORTANT! Remember to name the player-unit to AP.<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, yeah, I know what you meant wink.gif

But I wasn't sure that this</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">guard dotarget ap;guard2 dotarget ap<span id='postcolor'> is limited to guard+guard2 only. I thought it makes guard+guard2 AS WELL as the remaining resistance+west units target me. So this command forces only certain units to attack me, cool!

I already have a trigger that checks if the guy is still alive, and if he's not, trigger is activated and objective 1 is accomplished. I can put the "dotarget" command into that trigger, can't i?

Player name is different, that won't do it any harm though, will it?

RATING is just a way of telling units in OFP wether the friendly unit is friendly or hostile.

You can experiment with this by placing to west soldiers next to each other. Then put this addrating -1000 on one of the soldier's init-field. Then the other soldier will kill him.

I think the default rating for a unit is 0 (zero). Everything below zero makes him a badguy for all the others on the same side. The numbers of the rating is just a way of telling who is the "badest" biggrin.gif

If unit1 is -100 , unit2 is -1000 and unit3 is 0 , then unit 2 will just stand there. Both unit 1 and 3 will kill unit2 and unit3 will also kill unit 1. Nice hyrachy eh tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Mar. 12 2002,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">RATING is just a way of telling units in OFP wether the friendly unit is friendly or hostile.

You can experiment with this by placing to west soldiers next to each other. Then put this addrating -1000 on one of the soldier's init-field. Then the other soldier will kill him.

I think the default rating for a unit is 0 (zero). Everything below zero makes him a badguy for all the others on the same side. The numbers of the rating is just a way of telling who is the "badest" biggrin.gif

If unit1 is -100 , unit2 is -1000 and unit3 is 0 , then unit 2 will just stand there. Both unit 1 and 3 will kill unit2 and unit3 will also kill unit 1. Nice hyrachy eh tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! That's cool! Gave me an idea as well wink.gif

Cheers very much for that m8 smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I already have a trigger that checks if the guy is still alive, and if he's not, trigger is activated and objective 1 is accomplished. I can put the "dotarget" command into that trigger, can't i?

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, you put the "dotarget"-lines into that objective-trigger for the uhmm *desired effect* smile.gif

'bout the player name;no problem just change the name of the unit to be targeted in the dotarget-lines.

Hope this helps.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Mar. 12 2002,20:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I already have a trigger that checks if the guy is still alive, and if he's not, trigger is activated and objective 1 is accomplished. I can put the "dotarget" command into that trigger, can't i?

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, you put the "dotarget"-lines into that objective-trigger for the uhmm *desired effect* smile.gif

'bout the player name;no problem just change the name of the unit to be targeted in the dotarget-lines.

Hope this helps.<span id='postcolor'>

It does indeed!

Cheers a lot for that!

The thing worked like you expected? Woo-Hoo biggrin.gif

Glad I could help out, buddy smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Mar. 12 2002,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The thing worked like you expected? Woo-Hoo biggrin.gif

Glad I could help out, buddy smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't tried yet wink.gif

Gotta go home first, still sitting @ university labs smile.gif

No, didn't work sad.gif

I even tried a trigger that got activated after killing the guards and that was supposed to give me a rating of 0, ie.

player addrating 0

NOTHING worked, the others (miles away) still keep shooting me sad.gif

Are there any Russians in this mission BTW?

You could try making the guards on the East side, you on the West and the others on Resistance. Then have Resistance as friendly to everybody so they won't shoot you or the guards.

Have 'this setcaptive true' in your init field so the East soldiers don't shoot you until you change it to flase when your trigger activates.

But I suspect this solution will be too big and unwieldly to be practical. It all depends what else you're doing in this mission?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SCLZ @ Mar. 14 2002,10:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there any Russians in this mission BTW?

You could try making the guards on the East side, you on the West and the others on Resistance. Then have Resistance as friendly to everybody so they won't shoot you or the guards.

Have 'this setcaptive true' in your init field so the East soldiers don't shoot you until you change it to flase when your trigger activates.

But I suspect this solution will be too big and unwieldly to be practical. It all depends what else you're doing in this mission?<span id='postcolor'>

No, can't do that.

I have to be Civilian.

Guys I shoot have to be Resistance.

Later on in cutscenes, I have to interact with West and Resistance, and Resistance has to interact with East.

I really need only the guards to shoot at me, and the rest of resistance and the west to leave me alone.

I dunno, what you really want is who to be one "side", guards who see you another "side", guards who don't see you another plus East and West it gets a bit crowded smile.gif

I tried the doFire command and it worked to my surprise (the vicious bastards kept on shooting after I was dead too confused.gif) but I don't know if they'll give chase. (I tested this on the Desert Island where there arn't many hiding places).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SCLZ @ Mar. 14 2002,22:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dunno, what you really want is who to be one "side", guards who see you another "side", guards who don't see you another plus East and West it gets a bit crowded smile.gif

I tried the doFire command and it worked to my surprise (the vicious bastards kept on shooting after I was dead too confused.gif) but I don't know if they'll give chase. (I tested this on the Desert Island where there arn't many hiding places).<span id='postcolor'>

I dont care about chasing.

I will repeat what I want/need.

Civilian kills Resistance target. Resistance guards guarding that target will try killing the civilian. Resistance everywhere else will leave me alone. West anywhere will leave me alone.

Resistance and East will have to interact as friends in a cutscene later on.

Resistance and West will also be in the cutscene.

Civilian too confused.gif

Yeah, it does get a bit crowded/complicated confused.gif

The doFire command should give you what you want then I think. Just use the doFire command like you did when you tried doTarget.

When the VIP dies just have 'guard1 doFire player' and he should shoot at you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SCLZ @ Mar. 14 2002,23:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The doFire command should give you what you want then I think. Just use the doFire command like you did when you tried doTarget.

When the VIP dies just have 'guard1 doFire player' and he should shoot at you.<span id='postcolor'>

The question, though is: will the other Resistance dudes on the other side of the island fire on me as well, or will they leave me alone?

The trouble is not getting the guards to shoot me-the trouble is to make the others leave me alone!

Yep yep just doubled checked, only the guys you give the command to will shoot at you. The others continue doing what they're doing unless they hear the shooting then they go prone and look around - but won't shoot you - I promise wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SCLZ @ Mar. 15 2002,04:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep yep just doubled checked, only the guys you give the command to will shoot at you. The others continue doing what they're doing unless they hear the shooting then they go prone and look around - but won't shoot you - I promise  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I love you biggrin.gif

Not in that sense u pervert wow.gif

I probably shouldn't mention that Shadow made the doFire suggestion in his first reply smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SCLZ @ Mar. 16 2002,00:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I probably shouldn't mention that Shadow made the doFire suggestion in his first reply  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

He did.

I tried it.

Didn't work sad.gif

Never mind, I'll scrap that project, gonna do something else now.