Sign in to follow this  
chris89

Terrible performance on what i consider 'high end' computer

Well looking through a lot of the posts already and trying the fixes have not had any success on the performance.

Problems: Start intro/ back ground runs choppy then smooths out, but menu options are slow to react to mouse click, in game runs for a few seconds and then stops working.

Tried 1280x1024 & monitors native res being 1920x1200 all settings have been tried as well. With crossfire on or off has same performance issues.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: Crucial Ballistic Tracer PC2-8500 (Running at PC2-6400 due to CPU)4094MB RAM

Hard Drive: Raptor X 150 GB, 1x Western Digital 320GB, 2x Samsung F1 500GB

Video Card: 2x ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB Gram Each In Crossfire X

Monitor: SyncMaster 2443BW/2443BWX(Digital)

All running on Vista 64bit. I have also tried this on my dads computer who's specs are the same apart he has two HD4870x2s in crossfire.

Hopefully can find a way to fix the problems as i have been looking forward to it for a while, but if not guess i will have to 'try' to get a refund from Game (shops)

Thanks for any help in advance

Chris

You are not the only one to complain about this issue, many people do experience this and with such high-end systems.

I strongly recommend to tweak the options as much as you can by decreasing them until BIS drop a patch enhancing the performance.

Regards,

TB

Thank you for the reply, wwill try that, if i have the paicents of waiting at each menu trying to get the settings to change.

I hope it does get fixed.

Just remebered, Tried it with cat 9.5 drivers & 9.6

Edited by chris89